Pets anyone?

jwildgrube

Strange as it may sound, part of the reason that I took a long term post in Thailand was the fact that I could settle down a bit and actually become a homebody (back in the states, I worked 3 jobs to make ends meet in DC) and now I am thinking I have time for a pet (preferably a cat!)

In the states I worked with adoption agencies and the like and consider that the most responsible way to own an aimal instead of propagating the pet industry and I think the same holds true for this country -- does any one have any idea if such organizations exist in Thailand?  And if they do, how does one go about contacting them and vets.  I have found very little information online about this type of thing and any information is very much appreciated.

i don't know of any such organisation, but where are you located? If you're in Chiang Mai, let me know as someone just left three kittens in front of my house the other day and unlike all my neighbours, i decided to prevent the local dogs from coming for them and took them inside...

There aren't many organisations here that take care of animals, nothing like what we have in the states with the Humane Society and such.

However, some people do care for them personally, like my girlfriend and I. I know we can't help them all, but we do what we can. If you're interested in an animal... COME TAKE SOME OF MINE! hahaha...

Currently we've got 15 dogs and 7 cats staying here.

• Like 1

There are in fact quite a few organisations, but most of their web sites are in Thai. However check this out:

www.warthai.org

Also, do a google.com search for SPCA+Thailand. If you're unable to find what you want, send me a PM, and I'll put you in touch with someone who knows animals (especially cats), but only as long as you're serious about a long term commitment to the animals.

Cheers,

Dex.

There is an animal rescue centre run in Samui. They mostly have dogs & puppies but I know they also have quite a few cats & kittens too. They recieve free vet care for the animals life & also are fully vaccinated & spade. If anyone is interested in getting a pet from there please PM me & I will pass on the telephone number.

This organisation is really just the work of a farang couple with help from others (mostly thai) around the island.

There are actually quite a few unofficial groups that help cats and dogs (ie giving them shelter & food & medication) but from what I have seen they have not developed to the extent of rehoming the animals.

If you are near a wat (a temple), then there usually are many stray cats and dogs there.   YOu could probably ask the monk if you could take one or two.

Hi jwildgrube,

I have a pug, I got it as a pup three years ago , and sometime I find myself I need to put in Thonglor animal hospital because I need to go away.

Great to have animal but it take a lot of commitment, and feel sad to see him going in a cage.

No need to tell you he is more happy with grill chicken / aircond / pillow.

The monster has own www.page:

www.face-pic.com/sexyrencontre

Do you want to look after when I go away? Hahaha

Anyway will be interested to look after a small dog if can the owner can replica the same for me.

Generally going away 2 weeks a year, plus visa run and odd Huahin trip.

Any one have better solution ?

bye

Many thanks to all for their replies, advice, and information regarding this topic.  Rest assured that I will be contacting some of you to see if I can help relieve your own rescue attempts!  I am looking for the long term and when my time is up in BKK, I intend to do whatever is necessary to keep my new addition with me.

Thank you again to all!   :o

The monster has own www.page: www.face-pic.com/sexyrencontre

Do you want to look after when I go away? Hahaha

Anyway will be interested to look after a small dog if can the owner can replica the same for me.

Well, to be honest, that picture of your pug is one of the cutest that I have seen!  I really do like pugs a lot (an ex- of mine used to have several), but I am not really into the 'dog-sitting' thing anymore.  I used to help run a business in Washigton DC and just can't seem to do it again here in Bangkok!  (www.sitapet.com) Good luck finding a helper!