Ministry Foreign Affairs, Chaengwattana Road

designersing

Does anyone have experience with visiting the MFA legalisation dept for marriage affirmation and translation certification?

I will be heading up to Bangkok in the next few days and wonder what the cost of the service is?

It says on the British Embassy website that your marriage affirmation signed letter and translation in Thai can be certified on the same day service, but no costs are mentioned, other than that the normal procedure is two days, can anyone whos been to the MFA on the marriage route please fill me in on this one?!

Thanks in advance!

Best DSG :o

Edited by designersing

Does anyone have experience with visiting the MFA legalisation dept for marriage affirmation and translation certification?

I will be heading up to Bangkok in the next few days and wonder what the cost of the service is?

It says on the British Embassy website that your marriage affirmation signed letter and translation in Thai can be certified on the same day service, but no costs are mentioned, other than that the normal procedure is two days, can anyone whos been to the MFA on the marriage route please fill me in on this one?!

Thanks in advance!

Best DSG :o

The same day ( 2 hours max they say) service is 400 baht per page certified. No idea what the 2 day service costs and I think practically nobody uses that. A lot of people waiting, so it did take almost 2 hours.

Thanks in advance!

Best DSG :D

The same day ( 2 hours max they say) service is 400 baht per page certified. No idea what the 2 day service costs and I think practically nobody uses that. A lot of people waiting, so it did take almost 2 hours.

Thanks for those replies there, heres how it went:

ok I went upto Bangkok MFAffairs on Chaengwattana yesterday after picking up the affirmation to marry form from the UK Embassy (3500b next day pickup) I headed to the Translation office next to the overpass which charged me 300b for one page translation, the guy friendly and photocopied my passport and then we went over to the MFA Office (3rd floor, ladies check your paperwork is all in order, then take ticket and wait number). At counter paid up 800b with all paperwork, waited 30 mins then received a receipt then told it can take 30mins - 2 hours, so went to eat downstairs at foodcourt. Went back up and asked an hour later, the girl pulled my records and then handed me the translation of affirmation (in thai) was incorrect! (the thai lawyer translation office accross the road) <deleted>!? surely they have done this more than once I thought to myself, then thought jai yen yen, TiT, so went back got the translation correctly amended and then back to MFA, 30 mins later they called my name and everything was sorted, I know have the paperwork to go get married at any ampur office. :o

hope this helps!

DSG

• 11 months later...

Thanks in advance!

Best DSG :D

Thanks for those replies there, heres how it went:

ok I went upto Bangkok MFAffairs on Chaengwattana yesterday after picking up the affirmation to marry form from the UK Embassy (3500b next day pickup) I headed to the Translation office next to the overpass which charged me 300b for one page translation, the guy friendly and photocopied my passport and then we went over to the MFA Office (3rd floor, ladies check your paperwork is all in order, then take ticket and wait number). At counter paid up 800b with all paperwork, waited 30 mins then received a receipt then told it can take 30mins - 2 hours, so went to eat downstairs at foodcourt. Went back up and asked an hour later, the girl pulled my records and then handed me the translation of affirmation (in thai) was incorrect! (the thai lawyer translation office accross the road) <deleted>!? surely they have done this more than once I thought to myself, then thought jai yen yen, TiT, so went back got the translation correctly amended and then back to MFA, 30 mins later they called my name and everything was sorted, I know have the paperwork to go get married at any ampur office. :o

hope this helps!

DSG

Hi DSG

Could you give me the name of the company for translating the papers to get married?

Or if possible explain me from the English Embassy, I will come from the Dutch Embassy.

Further if possible could you tell me how to come from Chidlom to the Chaengwattana road? Can I go there with the sky train or sub way?

Do they speak English if yes than I dont need nobody else for this and can do all the things by our selves.

Looking forwards to hear from you,

Regards,

elnagtegaal

• 3 weeks later...
So in order to get the affirmation, we must go to our own embassy 1st rite? before heading to MFA.

Yes.

1. go to your embassy

2. have the document translated to Thai

3. have the document legalized at the MFA

Contact your embassy to exactly see which documents they will need.

So in order to get the affirmation, we must go to our own embassy 1st rite? before heading to MFA.

Yes.

1. go to your embassy

2. have the document translated to Thai

3. have the document legalized at the MFA

Contact your embassy to exactly see which documents they will need.

Exactly, generally, if you time this correctly, you can get the docs from the embassy first thing in the morning, run to drop them off at a certified translation office, pick them up end of day or first thing in the morning next day and run to MFA. We got to MFA by 930am and were finished by 1130am same day. But I think our experience was the exception rather than the norm.

Easiest way - for MFA - when you collect stamped affirmation from your Embassy go out to MFA and use the translation office that is across the road - on Chaengwattana Road - that way if there is a mistake they will correct it at no charge! Mistakes do happen, they sound out a word one way and the MFA do it another, can't argue. Make sure you have photocopies of your passport - they do it in the MFA (1 baht a page) and your passport too! The speed service is Baht 800 - and can take up to 4 hours so make sure you have a good book.

You can do it by yourself - just boring way to spend a day. Mind you I do as it is part of my work (apart from the fact I get to have a night out in Bangkok :o )

• 10 months later...