A Bit Disappointed. . .

I've posted a question here and didn't get much of a response. I know some of you have the answers, could you please share? I'm sure your answer may be, "Check the forums" but I have and I still cannot find my answer.

I am an American living in Chiang Mai, I need to get a tourist visa. Is it possible to get one in Cambodia? I've read dozens of posts about Cambodia, but not a clear answer. Does anyone know if it's possible to get one?

I've been to Cambodia 2-3x in the last 6 months already. I cannot enter Thailand without a tourist Visa, so it's pretty important I make the right decision. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

I'm heading to Cambodia in 2 weeks time with the intention of getting a Thai tourist visa (from Thai embassy in PPenh) - I'll let you know what happens , unless you go before me of course.

I've heard they can be tricky to get so I'll have an onward ticket out of Thailand handy just in case.(ie: for 30 day VExemption)

In my experience the Thai Embassy Staff DO NOT like issuing any kind if Visa's to farangs. I applied for a 3 month non imm B there (with associated paperwork) and the Boss blew his top, 'Why you come pnomh Penh for visa, we very busy with Cambodian people.'

I just think the staff there are overloaded with applications from Cambodian people and are actually very busy. I did get the Visa but the boss told me, 'One time only, you tell your friends not come pnomh penh'

My visa was stamped, 'permitted to apply for Visa in PP one time only'

Definately avoid it if possible

In my experience the Thai Embassy Staff DO NOT like issuing any kind if Visa's to farangs. I applied for a 3 month non imm B there (with associated paperwork) and the Boss blew his top, 'Why you come pnomh Penh for visa, we very busy with Cambodian people.'

I just think the staff there are overloaded with applications from Cambodian people and are actually very busy. I did get the Visa but the boss told me, 'One time only, you tell your friends not come pnomh penh'

This post should be made a sticky because people often ask about the possibility of obtaining visas in Phnom Penh.

It's pretty clear that people shouldn't waste there time going there.

Me too.

• 3 weeks later...

How exactly are you meant to get back into thailand from cambodia if they wont issue visa?

I'm in cambodia at the moment, and heading back to bangkok soon. Do they issue a 30 day visa exempt stamp at the Hat Lek/Koh Kong border? Am hoping to cross there to avoid poipet.

Can you get thai visa on entry at border from cambodia at all?

I've posted a question here and didn't get much of a response. I know some of you have the answers, could you please share? I'm sure your answer may be, "Check the forums" but I have and I still cannot find my answer.

I am an American living in Chiang Mai, I need to get a tourist visa. Is it possible to get one in Cambodia? I've read dozens of posts about Cambodia, but not a clear answer. Does anyone know if it's possible to get one?

I've been to Cambodia 2-3x in the last 6 months already. I cannot enter Thailand without a tourist Visa, so it's pretty important I make the right decision. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

"I've posted a question here and didn't get much of a response" :D

WHATS THAT BELOW THEN

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...&hl=ireland :o

look stop feeling sorry for yourself,

you posted it with with halfe ya details missing,

i responded, trying to be helpfull, you call it not much of a response,

youve been there more times than me, ya didnt even say thanks,

you havent looked through posts or youd have the answer,

what do YOU want someone to come and help ya accross border :D

Geez

"I've been to Cambodia 2-3x in the last 6 months already"'

WHAT DATES DID YA LEAVE /ENTER THAI/CMBODIA 2 OR 3 TIMES AINT THE RIGHT ANSWEAR WHEN YA AT A BORDER IRELAND

"I cannot enter Thailand without a tourist Visa, so it's pretty important I make the right decision"

IF YOU SAY NOTHING MORE, OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD, I WOULD GO TO PHONPENN, NOT A WISE CHOICE, BUT I SUSPECT YOU AINT GOT ONE NOW.

YOU ARE NOT LIKELY TO GET ONE THERE, BUT TRY,

THEN PLAN B WOULD BE FLY TO KL, NOW THATS NOT 100% BUT SAY 60% MAYBE MORE, IT WOULD BE BETTER GOING STRIGHT TO PENNANG FROM CAMBODIA BUT THEY DONT FLY THAT ROUTE, SO THEN TO PENNANG, NOW THEY WERE BAD AT GIVING OUT VISAS BUT LAST COUPLE CAME THROUGH OK!

THEN IF THAT DONT HELP FLY UP TO LAOS GO VIENGIENE NO-ONE KNOCKED BACK THERE RECENTLY!

ALL THIS IS BASED ON WHAT YOU HAVE PROVIDED IRELAND, VERY LITTLE, :D

IF YOU WANT FURTHER ADVICE OF ME YA CAN PM ME OR ANYONE ON HERE BUT TYPE IN YA DATES EVERYTHING!

COP UN KAP!

CHRIS

Thanks

"I've posted a question here and didn't get much of a response" :D

WHATS THAT BELOW THEN

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...&hl=ireland :o

look stop feeling sorry for yourself,

you posted it with with halfe ya details missing,

i responded, trying to be helpfull, you call it not much of a response,

youve been there more times than me, ya didnt even say thanks,

you havent looked through posts or youd have the answer,

what do YOU want someone to come and help ya accross border :D

Geez

"I've been to Cambodia 2-3x in the last 6 months already"'

WHAT DATES DID YA LEAVE /ENTER THAI/CMBODIA 2 OR 3 TIMES AINT THE RIGHT ANSWEAR WHEN YA AT A BORDER IRELAND

"I cannot enter Thailand without a tourist Visa, so it's pretty important I make the right decision"

IF YOU SAY NOTHING MORE, OFF THE TOP OF MY HEAD, I WOULD GO TO PHONPENN, NOT A WISE CHOICE, BUT I SUSPECT YOU AINT GOT ONE NOW.

YOU ARE NOT LIKELY TO GET ONE THERE, BUT TRY,

THEN PLAN B WOULD BE FLY TO KL, NOW THATS NOT 100% BUT SAY 60% MAYBE MORE, IT WOULD BE BETTER GOING STRIGHT TO PENNANG FROM CAMBODIA BUT THEY DONT FLY THAT ROUTE, SO THEN TO PENNANG, NOW THEY WERE BAD AT GIVING OUT VISAS BUT LAST COUPLE CAME THROUGH OK!

THEN IF THAT DONT HELP FLY UP TO LAOS GO VIENGIENE NO-ONE KNOCKED BACK THERE RECENTLY!

ALL THIS IS BASED ON WHAT YOU HAVE PROVIDED IRELAND, VERY LITTLE, :D

IF YOU WANT FURTHER ADVICE OF ME YA CAN PM ME OR ANYONE ON HERE BUT TYPE IN YA DATES EVERYTHING!

COP UN KAP!

CHRIS

ARE YOU DRUNK? :D

What has Irelands post got to do with the OP that you are responding to?

This post should be made a sticky because people often ask about the possibility of obtaining visas in Phnom Penh.

It's pretty clear that people shouldn't waste there time going there.

If you can avoid the Thai Embassy in Pnom Penh, they are indeed very busy with all the Cambodians.

From Chiang Mai you can go to Vientiane /Laos to get a one entry Tourist Visa or , if lucky, even a 2 entry Tourist Visa .

You can also fly , with Air Asia , to KL and apply for a Tourist Visa at the Thai Embassy over there.

This forum is full of advise, just follow them .

I'm in cambodia at the moment, and heading back to bangkok soon. Do they issue a 30 day visa exempt stamp at the Hat Lek/Koh Kong border? Am hoping to cross there to avoid poipet.

I did this crossing about 4 months ago ... visa exempt entry 30 days available ... no "onward ticket" was asked for .