Do You Ever Take A Dislike To A Tv Member Because Of Their Avatar?

garro

Do you ever take a dislike to a TV member because of their avatar?  

236 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stalin? A great big loveable oaf with a sharp tongue and a growing sense of impatience with idiots. He reminds me of someone near and dear.

"The U.S. war propaganda machine referred to Stalin as “Uncle Joe.” This helped make the alliance more acceptable to the American people. ..."

I'm too serious to be as cool as Gromit. I think I saw a satanist somewhere which raised the hairs on the back of my neck.

Love Hobbes dancing :o

:o Of course I make personality determinations based on the person's avatar.

Asking if you like or dislike a person based on their avatar is actually stretching things a bit and establishing absolutes.

Maybe the question should be worded: :D

"Do you make personality determinations based on a person's avatar?"

One's avatar shows attitude and personality. It depicts either who one is or who one would like to be perceived as. :D

Regards,

ChiefBEM

:o Of course I make personality determinations based on the person's avatar.

One's avatar shows attitude and personality. It depicts either who one is or who one would like to be perceived as. :D

Regards,

ChiefBEM

That would be mine, it has some of those attitude and personality you're talking about ! :D

Definitely in reality I'm nice and approachable :D

No not really, but some looser, I forgot his/her name, had a avatar of Obama with a Native American Headdress photo shopped on with some derogatory remarks about him. Funny how it disappeared when he trounced hillary.

i can't look at it anymore without seeing what it really is, but it catches people off guard all the time.

:D The Avatar is a corner lamp post at twilight time and you can see part of a tree in the lower right corner :D

What else could one think they are looking at?

:o

Regards,

ChiefBEM

i can't look at it anymore without seeing what it really is, but it catches people off guard all the time.

:D The Avatar is a corner lamp post at twilight time and you can see part of a tree in the lower right corner :D

What else could one think they are looking at?

:o

Regards,

ChiefBEM

I'm surprised it hasn't been deleted.

There is one I don't like. It's an animated .gif of some creppy old guy with glasses doing a dance. I don't know why it offends me...well, not offend...just creepy. The poster it is attached to seems nice enough though.

I like the Stalin avatar...mesmerising and well done.

I may start a thread on topics, signatures, the bars under the member status, the member status (why does mine keep changing. I don't like being a member. It means a lot of things. It just changed again. I was just a member before, now I'm an old member), and all of the other things that maybe give a little insight into who you may be or how the super-duper moderators see you. I mean as far as who the person really is. Posts would be too easy.

I flinched every time Joey made that move, and he came up a lot. Just because the USA called him uncle joe, it had nothing to do with him torturing and murdering millions of people. The USA should change it's flag to a bulls-eye. Sorry, off topic. If he had the earphones on, I would have laughed all day.

Whatever happened to the thread someone started about having to get in the last shot and couldn't because they closed the topic. That should come up as the first topic on page 1. It happens to me a lot. Just kidding. I'm going over to the Buddhism forum.

Edited by Shotime

I've become rather stoic about the whole issue...

Welcome to Stoic City........... :D

P.S. My is a supposed likeness of Epictetus (50 - 120 AD) and not one of the Bee Gees as

one poster suggested a while ago. :o

I thought it was Kenny Rogers. :D

I know that this is a bit of a silly question. I was just wondering if others take a dislike to somebody because of their avatar and make judgements about them based on this. I must admit that I sometimes do. Crazy isn't it. I suppose that it replaces other cues for first impressions. Am I alone in my madness?

I haven't put an 'I don't care' option in the poll because why would somebody vote if they didn't care.

I do, ha ha, I also judge people on the way they look, (acas would hang me if they heard me) but I think I am a reasonable judge of character and a firm believer in 1st impressions. Pity me based on my avatar ( can just a face be defined as an avatar?) :o

There might be some avatars that don't especially appeal to me, but as for whether I dislike a person because of their avatar, I don't think they make much difference. To each their own. A lot of avatars are pretty creative and funny. How a person might communicate (trolls, pointless flamers, and general butt nuggets) in their posts is more significant.

Actually, I'm kind of surprised that the poll results are almost 50/50, with NO slightly in the lead. I'm not sure how reflective the poll is though considering TV has a LOT of members.

Edited by AmeriThai

I was just wondering if others take a dislike to somebody because of their avatar and make judgements about them based on this.

With the exception being PadThai Guy, I have to say no.

edit: hmmmm, just noticed he's been banned. Probably because of that creepy avatar.

Edited by lannarebirth