How Do I Get From Suvarnabhumi To Silom Late At Night

RICHFROMOZ

Hi, will be arriving at Suvaranbhumi early morning (about 1am) from Taipei. I usually get the 150baht shuttle when I have arrived at more appropriate hours before. Whenever the airport is involved, I usually avoid the taxis, but this time I miight not have any choice. How much should I pay, and how do I avoid getting ripped off.

150 baht for bus??? I sometimes take the local bus 511 to the airport, cost like 20 baht. A taxi in low traffic would cost about 150 baht depending where in Bangkok you are heading. I always go by meter and expressway. The toll for the expressway I pay in advance, and thats about 40 baht.

150 baht for bus??? I sometimes take the local bus 511 to the airport, cost like 20 baht. A taxi in low traffic would cost about 150 baht depending where in Bangkok you are heading. I always go by meter and expressway. The toll for the expressway I pay in advance, and thats about 40 baht.

They've recently moved the metered desk, but stand in line with everyone else, get your metered taxi and off you go.

Level 2 is where the desk is now I believe...........anyone out there feel free to correct if that's not right. My estimate on cost, under 300thb.

Hi, will be arriving at Suvaranbhumi early morning (about 1am) from Taipei. I usually get the 150baht shuttle when I have arrived at more appropriate hours before. Whenever the airport is involved, I usually avoid the taxis, but this time I miight not have any choice. How much should I pay, and how do I avoid getting ripped off.

Only had a problem with a meter once out of six times. Keep the paper they give you at the desk, do not give it to the driver and if you're really concerned keep all your luggage with you in the seat.

I told the diver to stop after he refused to use the meter and started to get out. He then dropped the price from 500 to 300 baht-- which was what he was going to get anyway because I was going to Silom. I figured that since the wait was 30 mins for a taxi, I wouldn't argue. He took me without taking the tollway which did not take much more time at 8PM... and ended up saving me the tolls.

I highly recommend Julie Taxi as I have used them many times. I usually come in late as well. You can book online (www.julietaxi.com) and for 400B flat fee there is a driver standing there holding a card with your name as soon as you walk out with your luggage. He takes your bag and off you go to the car. No worries about the meter rip off. That kind of convenience and lack of stress is worth the extra 100B in my opinion. :o Especially when arriving at that hour.

Jeff

Edited by JeffCA

Might be a little late a night for this but you can go to the 4th floor departure area and catch a taxi from there. It will save you the 50 baht airport fee which you will be charged, if you catch a cab on the 2nd floor arrivals area.

Edited by mauiguy90

Use a taxi with a meter switched on.

Thanks, I didnt think taxis were too keen on using the meters when it is to/from the airport.

Been living here 11 years and the meter always goes on.

From the airport, get a metered taxi on arrivals level.Ask to get on Rama 9 Tollway and get off at Rama 4 exit, then down to Silom Rd. This is the quickest route.The Bang Na tollway to Silom is a bit longer(yes I've timed it).

Aside from the meter fare (approx 220 baht to Silom) you'll also pay 50 baht for the airport surcharge, and 2 tolls of 40 baht and 25 baht.

So I figure budget 350 baht.

Alternatively, an AOT limo might cost around 1000 baht all up.

I highly recommend Julie Taxi as I have used them many times. I usually come in late as well. You can book online (www.julietaxi.com) and for 400B flat fee there is a driver standing there holding a card with your name as soon as you walk out with your luggage. He takes your bag and off you go to the car. No worries about the meter rip off. That kind of convenience and lack of stress is worth the extra 100B in my opinion. :o Especially when arriving at that hour.

Jeff

Jeff thanks for the Julie Taxi recommendation. Think I will go with that one.

• 2 weeks later...

Jeff

Hi there,

Julie Taxi seems to not be in business anymore? I've sent emails and forms from their website and I'm getting errors. Does anyone know what is going on? I love this company!