Sukhumvit Area Hotel, Under 1k Baht

thaidiver

If you just need a place to sleep and use as a base from which to work, with no "ad hoc" companionship, the Atlanta (soi 2) is cheap, cool pool area, small library. They really are strict about not allowing "night owls w/friends", though.

It is almost impossible to get a reservation here because it is so cheap.Don't like to give business to Puritans, prudes and sex-fascists anyway! :o

Looking for Sukhumvit Area Hotel, under 1k baht. Any suggestions, and please don't mention the Miami.

You can try Honey House(not same as Honey Hotel), Sukhumvit 22, closeby to Dan's Dive Shop, has decent rooms for 800 baht a night. You can check their website at http://www.honeyhouse.co.th .

I stayed with 2 friends in Honey House 2 (soi 22, 500 meters in from Suk.) in November 2007.

New place, quite nice, and paid 890 baht/night/room, I will stay there again unless the price has doubled! :o

Ulysses G

It is almost impossible to get a reservation here because it is so cheap.Don't like to give business to Puritans, prudes and sex-fascists anyway!

The place has horrible reviews.

Depends on what you need, sure. For a basic QUIET clean, cheap place, sort of like a writer or just a stressed out neurotic (that's me) needing a place "away from it all" but within the city, it sure works for me. But if you bring any "excitement" onto the premises, they're not into that AT ALL, hence some people's discomfort, I'm guessing. Definitely a specialized (quiet) demographic. "In Nana, not OF Nana" as it were.

I am moving to Bangkok in May. It looks like I may need to stay in a hotel for as much as a week while I search apartments along the BTS. I don't need to be near lower Sukhumwit, just near the BTS. Any under 1k suggestions for that?

Sams Lodge hostel just after Soi 23 very clean air con tv fridge, 800 baht a night with breakfast when you buy a member card, but no guests allowed.