Should I Buy A Wedding Gift For My Wife?

roog

Just follow what your heart tells you to do.

How about a house?

If that is a bit extreme ,,gold will always go down well.

You are,nt going to get married often ,so what ever you do make it something to remember.

There isn't anything traditional about buying her a gift. But as soihok said let you heart be your guide, I paid the sinsot for my wife but I also bought her one of the gold necklaces which we had hired for the day. The amount of traditional gold jewellery they wear in Lao wedding is silly - but its tradition and all for good luck - me and the wife thought it would be a waste of money buying it all since she she doesn't like the designs of the wedding gold so we hired it. But of all the ones we hired there was one necklace that was very nice and I surprised her by buying it instead of returning it.

A nice momento and a keep sake to remind her of the very happy day.

:o

I would look at what you have already given and what you are going to give over the course of now until the day after you are married. In that context, it might be prudent but I would buy her something small, some jewellery perhaps and I would keep it in my pocket and give it to her at an appropriate moment, even if you have to engineer that time. it is not important what it is or what it is worth but it is her momento of her special day.

On a note for future oneupmanship, make sure that she has access to some money in the week or two before the wedding that she knows is not earmarked for anything other than her to see whether she buys you anything. I bet she won't and it will always give you an edge that you will hopefully never need.

• 6 months later...

The wedding gift for my wife was a diamond ring and a koh Chang honeymoon. Gold is not very sentimental, so buy it (buy low) for investment or show only, and then sell it when the price goes up! :o

Followup: I see that you are from Koh Chang. If you are planning a honeymoon, I would advise you to pick another location. :D Best of luck!

Edited by mizzi39