Two English Men Caught With 68.7g Of Marijuana

Pattaya_Fox

Bigoted against Brits....Nope....bigoted against big mouth idiots...yes....BTW I was born in the UK. :D:D

so let me get this right, you left UK, went to live in Oz and you are bigoted against big mouth idiots?

I am so glad you can read..... :o:D

But lets keep this on topic.....these guys are idiots.....the laws against drugs in Asia are well documented. Anyway they ran the risk and got caught...their own fault.

its probably a nice way to close this interaction, as for once you have expressed an opinion i can't disagree with you about.

given the highly publicised penalties for being involved with drugs in Thailand, compared to other more liberal places in the world, it was utter stupidity to do it here, regardless of the quantity.

Just to prove age is no guarantee of wisdom............i have a friend (a Brit) who is up in court in Bangkok this coming Monday for trying to take out 2kg of marajuana through swampy..............he got out the taxi and never even made it to check-in (i know this from talking to the airline).

He was picked up October last year and has been inside on remand since.

Same old story, low on funds, wanted to make a bit extra. :D

Oh, almost forgot he is 76yrs old. :o

Oh wow...major drug bust...one small bag of weed!!! Looks like personal use quantity to me and I would suspect a pissed-off girlfriend or under paid nite-time companion as the "intelligence" in the English men's case.

Yeah, what a big deal...less than 2.5 ounces...and then, 2.5 ounces of what? It could be piss weak leaf or high quality/high-potency hydro.

Either way, a couple of guys could easily smoke through that in a night or two.

Looking for stories to fill the newspaper again.

Even if it was weak bush you would still be doing well to go through 2.5 ounces in a couple of nights. You'd have to be a pretty heavy smoker and be at it most of the night and day, or making big, fat, joints.

If it was the modern 'super skunk' variety no way would you easily get through that amount in a day or two.

Oh wow...major drug bust...one small bag of weed!!! Looks like personal use quantity to me and I would suspect a pissed-off girlfriend or under paid nite-time companion as the "intelligence" in the English men's case.

Yeah, what a big deal...less than 2.5 ounces...and then, 2.5 ounces of what? It could be piss weak leaf or high quality/high-potency hydro.

Even if it was weak bush you would still be doing well to go through 2.5 ounces in a couple of nights. You'd have to be a pretty heavy smoker and be at it most of the night and day, or making big, fat, joints.

If it was the modern 'super skunk' variety no way would you easily get through that amount in a day or two.

Tropo bakes it in little cakes. Then goes out on the street, yelling "Tarts! Cheap Tarts!'

I personally respect the laws of Thailand!

I would not myself behave in any way that would violate the laws of Thailand.

I agree that it is extremely foolish to buy and smoke Marijuana in Thailand.

Having said that, I must say, that I think that Marijuana for personal use should be decriminalized.

Edited by philliphn

Not if they're baking cakes with it....they'll use it up in one.

IMO this is a big problem with marijuana laws. They should be charged on the amount of active drug (THC), and not the weight of the organic matter. A lot of guys can get caught with mountains of "leaf" with very low concentration of the active drug and get exactly the same penalty.

Edited by tropo

Not if they're baking cakes with it....they'll use it up in one.

Like to see them after they have eaten 2.5 oz of weed. :o

I heard they was out of trouble a day or two after. A cash payment usually clears up a problem like this pretty quickly.

Well if you new me Jack you would understand. For some people weed is a madisinal medisine and thoroley supported by some docters.

I'm actually speechless.

Was this intentional?

BFD!

Just to prove age is no guarantee of wisdom............i have a friend (a Brit) who is up in court in Bangkok this coming Monday for trying to take out 2kg of marajuana through swampy..............he got out the taxi and never even made it to check-in (i know this from talking to the airline).

Just for the record...............he was sentenced on the 19th to 3 years, his age was taken into account in the sentencing. :D

Well if you new me Jack you would understand. For some people weed is a madisinal medisine and thoroley supported by some docters.

I'm actually speechless.

Was this intentional?

BFD!

Was what intentional ?

It is a fact that people use it for this purpus. Why should it not be as it can carm peoples nervs very well and I have yet to see someone on weed get angry and into fights etc. You see bad and vilont drunks everywhere, but never someone on this stuff.

If docters can suport and recomend it then sure it must be ok right ?

Just for the record...............he was sentenced on the 19th to 3 years, his age was taken into account in the sentencing. :D

He would have got 4 years had he been younger. As you say, another Farang running short of money taking the chance.

I knew a guy the same from Pattaya, he was younger at around 60 years old, he got 4 years.

I'm actually speechless.

Was this intentional?

BFD!

Was what intentional ?

It is a fact that people use it for this purpus. Why should it not be as it can carm peoples nervs very well and I have yet to see someone on weed get angry and into fights etc. You see bad and vilont drunks everywhere, but never someone on this stuff.

If docters can suport and recomend it then sure it must be ok right ?

I would guess he means is your spelling intentional, maybe you were stoned when typing?

That's exactly what I meant. The post seems to be a good anti-drug campaign.

Honestly, I'm not a grammar/spelling nazi, but a post about the benefits of marijuana should be spelled correctly to avoid the brunt of my scathing wit :o .

BFD!

The 'my spelling' issue has been done already and those people failed.

I have already admited to not being abel to spell because of non complesion of school. So what, I am doing ok with out it.

Sometimes when I try to write fast I just have to sound it out and if it dont come out right then not much I can do other than spend my life in a dictunary.

Also when a few beers have hit the spot that does not help and dont get me started on the weed as there seems to be to many dogooders here to ever admit they have partook in the evil bile substanse. Even though docters administer it.

I'm actually speechless.

Was this intentional?

BFD!

Kwai was that? I understood each and every word that "WeekendWarrior" typed. :D

The 'my spelling' issue has been done already and those people failed.

I have already admited to not being abel to spell because of non complesion of school. So what, I am doing ok with out it.

Sometimes when I try to write fast I just have to sound it out and if it dont come out right ( I ear you. I ave the same problem somtam as well) then not much I can do other than spend my life in a dictunary. "Leaf the dictunary alone, The Colonel understand you very well in you posts." :D

Also when a few beers have hit the spot that does not help and dont get me started on the weed as there seems to be to many dogooders here to ever admit they have partook in the evil bile substanse. Even though docters administer it.

I do knot part-take in any weeding as I am knot a gardener. Having said that I do part-take in the smelling miss-takes, probbley some-one should start to read between the line rather that though them or with them.

Teach leaf us Kids alone, all and all your just another "Brick in Wall".

ThaiVisaDotCom is what it is. There are other forums that Cater for smelling miss-takes.

"WeekendWarrior" 100% with you on this point :D

Yours truly,

The Colonel, :o Kan Win :D

Well teach will be proud to know that a very kind poster sent me by pm a link to a website to download a spelling check thing and it is very easy to use.

The worrying thing is the number of red lights that come up on my typed posts when I check it. So I hope that with this new invention all you teacher wannabe's can just leave me alone now and go do more meaningful things like pull the wings off mosquitoes.

I cannot promise it will be perfect or that I will use it every time, especially after a drink or 2 or something me doctor prescribes for me.

Please...don't stop now...

This is good.

My god, is this real????? :D

A joke right?

Nope, not a yoke, it is real. :o

Kan Win :D

Edited by Kan Win

Its an odd amount of weed to be caught with for sure. Dont think there gonna get away with saying its for personal use though. Its almost 2 an half ounces which is alot of spliffs. If they had any scales or small drug bags around them they will be buggered. Probably quite literally when they go to Jail.

Anyone who is thinking of coming to Thailand and is thinking about having a smoke when you get here should learn from this. Its easy to get carried away with how beautiful and relaxed it is. It can and does all go pear shapped in a second. These two fellas are going to do a long and miserable stretch. Think about what there family must be going through. They were stupid, but boy are they going to pay for there mistake.

Be careful out there and remember anyone thats dealing in drugs in Thailand will sell you up the river in the blink of an eye when the S*&t hits there fan. Obviously the best thing to do is have a beer and a malboro light and leave it at that.

Well teach will be proud to know that a very kind poster sent me by pm a link to a website to download a spelling check thing and it is very easy to use.

The worrying thing is the number of red lights that come up on my typed posts when I check it. So I hope that with this new invention all you teacher wannabe's can just leave me alone now and go do more meaningful things like pull the wings off mosquitoes.

I cannot promise it will be perfect or that I will use it every time, especially after a drink or 2 or something me doctor prescribes for me.

Well, I suppose it's a step in the right direction but be aware of the fact that it's merely a spell-checker; it won't correct grammar. In other words, it can't see the context in which a word is placed so, nine times out of ten, it won't flag-up the difference between, say, "there" and "their", "for" and "four", "your" and "you're", etc.

Anyway, please don't use the spell-checker; your posts would lose 99.9% of their entertainment value. :o

These two fellas are going to do a long and miserable stretch. Think about what there family must be going through. They were stupid, but boy are they going to pay for there mistake.

Word on the street is they were both out next day.