Non-immigrant O - Marriage Visa

Good day to all.

To clarify first, I am from the UK and am 33 years old.

On the 5th of March my current one year non-Immi marriage visa expires, so sometime between now and then I will go to re-new my visa. Over the past few years upon application I have always been given one month first and then asked to come back to get my full one year stamp.

So here is the problem I have, I wish to go to the UK in the next month, but I cant travel until the middle of March due to waiting for my newly born daughters passports, so if I went in the middle of March I would not be back in time to report to Immi to get my full one year stamp and therefore I would lose my visa and also my adjoining work permit and end up coming back in on a 30 day tourist visa.

I believe that I can get a re-entry permit, but is that for in the normal period of the visa and not an application?

Is the best and only way to wait until my visa application is done and dusted then get a re-entry permit or is there a way round it so I can travel?

I thought that I would ask here first before asking my wife to call Immigration, who may well get confused!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Thanks In Advance

You should have done this earlier - applications are open 30 days prior and if you have travel planned can be even earlier.

A re-entry now would be until your normal 5 March date. A re-entry after application will be until that date (30 days). You may be able to request a longer extension (you do not say how long you need) but suspect you should plan to obtain a new visa during your visit and return with that and 60 days later do your extension of stay on that visa entry.

I had the same problem, and I managed to get an extra 2 weeks on the "Extension of Stay under consideration".

It had to be reviewed/signed by the boss's immigration officer.

This was not easy, so be prepared:

- with all the documentation (and your plane tickets)

- be extra nice

- bring your daughter

Wish you good luck.

You should have done this earlier - applications are open 30 days prior and if you have travel planned can be even earlier.

A re-entry now would be until your normal 5 March date. A re-entry after application will be until that date (30 days). You may be able to request a longer extension (you do not say how long you need) but suspect you should plan to obtain a new visa during your visit and return with that and 60 days later do your extension of stay on that visa entry.

We plan to go for two and a half weeks after my wife has got her visa for the UK, which at the earliest will be 17th, then we would have to find available flights, I think if I could persuade the nice people at the immi office to let me have six weeks instead of four everything should be sweet!

By that do mean obtain a visa from say Hull for example, can that be done without messing up my work permit?

Believe it just has to be re-validated on return but don't know that much about work permits. Don't believe it is a big issue however. People who leave country for new entry or visa every 90 days seems to get it done without much problem.

Believe it just has to be re-validated on return but don't know that much about work permits. Don't believe it is a big issue however. People who leave country for new entry or visa every 90 days seems to get it done without much problem.

The WP issue can be very tricky.

If the OP receives a one year extension on his WP before his travel it will be validated up to the date on the "..under consideration stamp".

The OP should apply for a WP extension for one year now! before he applies for extension of stay permit. Then have the WP validated to match that stamp.

If his current WP has already been extended until well beyond his return date but validated only up to the current 'permit to stay' stamp then all he has to do is submit it to the local labour office prior to his travel.

Important is that he submits the WP with relevant form to the local labour office prior to his travel, citing 'pending passport'. This will keep the WP alive even if he returns on a new visa.

Once you have passed the WP validation date (even by one day) and the WP was not at a labour office at that time, the WP is dead and you'll have to start new.

opalhort

Back from immigration yesterday and it was a no go on a little extra time, just the standard 1 month under consideration stamp, and back on the 29th March for my full 11 months.

Work permit already on the way to update for this extra month.

Travel plans delayed until after my visa has been fully completed and then take a simple re-entry permit.

HOW MUCH do you normally pay for a one year extension non - o Thai wife visa, I read on the police website that it was 1900.00 Baht is that correct?