Thai Income Tax

foolforlove

is there a service that handles this especially for teachers?

is it even necessary to file?

my employer deducts from each check...does this take care of it without any further action by me?

1: I haven't heard about a service for teachers. It isn't that difficult to do it yourself.

2: By law you must clear your tax. At my immigration office they want a copy of the tax-clearance. No tax-clearance means no visa extension.

3: The moment you got your work permit you could have visited the Tax Office to get a tax-ID. It also can be done at the end of the tax year. Your employer should give you a statement with the paid salary and the paid tax. Together with your tax-id card you go to the tax office and a nice officer will help you to fill in the 91-form online. If you're married or have children, bring proof with you. These things give tax-deduction.

Hoped this helped.

Petch01

I hope this does not sound derogatory, but if you are a teacher in Thailand and looking for tax advice, then Chang over on Ajarn is the guy to speak to. I say that because you are not in a position to pay much for tax advice (which, typically, is very expensive and which does sound derogatory).

Profile:

http://www.ajarnforum.net/vb/members/chang.html

Disclosure:

I know Chang personally, but have never used his services. Nor is this an explicit recommendation of his services.

That said, he seems to have done well for a few teachers.