Where To See Pineapples Growing Cm Area

DavidOxon

Evening all . . . slightly esoteric question . . .

but where is it possible to see pineapples growing now?

Thanks

David

Yes I could start but I won't.

There are plenty of pineapples (saparot) growing in the Chiang Rai - Mai Sai area. A long time resident Pineapple Bob Walker has a big farm growing them in this area. I'm not sure what time of the year they sprout their flowers or fruit.

Evening all . . . slightly esoteric question . . .

but where is it possible to see pineapples growing now?

Thanks

David

Yes I could start but I won't.

There are plenty of pineapples (saparot) growing in the Chiang Rai - Mai Sai area. A long time resident Pineapple Bob Walker has a big farm growing them in this area. I'm not sure what time of the year they sprout their flowers or fruit.

I have one growing in my garden at the moment. It is not so much fruit but decoration. Propagated from a pineapple top.

As BB wrote - the road from CR to Mai Sai is pineapple central with many farms. I haven't been on that road for quite a while but a post in the CR thread will let you know know if they are growing now. I am pretty confident that they will be.

Life is like a pineapple - sometimes sweet, sometimes bitter - just avoid getting the rough end of it.

CB

They grow pineapple in the Lampang area. Go during season and you can buy a pickup load for 2 to 3 baht each.

There is also a processing plant at Lampang on the right hand side of the Chiang Mai to Lampang road coming from CM a short distance from the Phayao to Tak T intersection

They grow pineapple in the Lampang area. Go during season and you can buy a pickup load for 2 to 3 baht each.

There is also a processing plant at Lampang on the right hand side of the Chiang Mai to Lampang road coming from CM a short distance from the Phayao to Tak T intersection

Shows how long since you've been to Lampang - it's not a T junction anymore. Better direction might be just on the Chiangmai side of the bridge over the Wang River.

You should get that big motorbike down to Lampang on your next trip.

Shows how long since you've been to Lampang - it's not a T junction anymore. Better direction might be just on the Chiangmai side of the bridge over the Wang River.

You should get that big motorbike down to Lampang on your next trip.

He will do that unless he goes via the CM Speedway circuit and drops the bike at the first corner :o

CB