Tourists Arrested For Drugs And Stock Market Fraud

george

Tourists arrested for drug offences and stock market fraud

PRACHUAP KHIRI KHAN: -- Police in the resort district of Hua Hin on Thailand's southern province of Prachuap Khiri Khan yesterday arrested an American man and a Briton for cannabis smuggling and fraudulent stockbroking.

Brian Quigley, a 31 year-old American, and Neil Johnson, 48, from the UK, were arrested in their Hua Hin house during a police raid in the early hours of yesterday morning.

The two stand accused of launching a fraudulent stockbroking website, known as the '50 Club', which they invited foreigners to become members of.

Police charged the two men with unlicensed stockbroking and with operating without work permits.

Unexpectedly for the police, the raid also uncovered evidence that the two men were running a cannabis smuggling operation, with over 500 grams of dried cannabis discovered in their refrigerator.

The two men immediately found themselves facing additional charges of possessing drugs with intent to sell.

Questioning revealed that the two men had used international postal services to smuggle the drugs into Thailand, packing the cannabis together with instant coffee in order to disguise the smell.

-- TNA 2004-09-23

Anyone sophisticated enough to attempt an online securities fraud would im my oppinion be most unlikely to choose cannabis via the post as the method for a drugs supply business. The street value of 500g of cannabis would not be worth their while relative to the risk they run. If found guilty they'll probably get six months for the securities fraud and ten years for the drugs.

I guess the boys in brown were looking for a snack in the refrigerator when they came across the package?

Delighted to hear two more farang scum bags will be removed from public life in Thailand.

What is it that makes them think they can get away with it? I can't fathom it. :o

:D SOUNDS LIKE THEY WERE THE TYPE OF PEOPLE WHO GIVE THE GOOD PEOPLE IN THE EXPAT COMMUNITY HERE A BAD NAME, SO GOOD ON THE BOYS IN BROWN.. HMMM I DONT OFTEN GET TO SAY THAT!!!! :o

Community Shuns Farang Over Hiv Fear (Pages 1 2 3 ...5 )

mango Posted on: Thu 2004-09-23, 16:01:08

So WHAT ARE THE FACTS???

Is he HIV+? We DON'T know.

Did he beat his wife? We DON'T know.

Was he having unprotected sex with school kids? We DON'T know.

IF he is HIV+ (we don't know if he is or not) Was it him who infected his wife? or was it his wife who infected him? We DON'T know.

Jeez i would hate to be on trial with some of you lot on the Jury.

Oh and if he is guilty of knowingly infecting people with HIV or beating women etc then he deserves swift justice leagal or not, However like i say WE JUST DONT KNOW THE FACTS!!!!! 

Hmmm... seems like on your only other post, that you have a totally different attitude regarding foreigners accused of wrong-doing in the paper.

Rather inconsistent, eh?