Quad Motorbikes

onzestan

Hi There,

A friend of mine living near Surin is desperately looking for a quad motorbike.

He has looked in Surin, Buriram, Korat and other nearby places and hasn't found any.

Anyone know if they are available in Pattaya or nearby and if yes where?

thanks beforehand

Onzestan

There are a few available in the basement Electronic center of Tuk.Com building. I believe they are of Chinese origin. There are at least two different sizes.

They are also for rent from a place on the north side of Soi Diana about 50 meters from Soi Buakhow. There migh be a small tag or something noting the manufacturer--if local or the importer. Maybe rent one for the day and take a look.

Scott used to have them in Siam Motorcycles, outside the Bangkok/Pattaya Hospital.

But I thought that they were not road-legal in Thailand. OK on X-country, but not on the road.

Others will have more knowledge on this than I do.

i believe he has got a couple or would know where to get a decent one...but he has moved shop..it is now on sukhumvit but the other end....jomtien end ,just past tesco lotus on same side.....also i have seen them in car shop between klang and south pattaya .

im pretty sure they are not road legal in thailand but as we know ..some people can get away with it :D if you got some friends that like to wear brown most days.

also there is a good website called mocyc.com that im sure will have some but you will need a thai reader as its all in thai. :o ..but you might find one for sale in your neck of the woods and at a good price too.

Thanks to all for quick and informative replies.

As I said it's for a friend who lives in Surin Province, very near the Cambodian border.

Plenty of places to enjoy a quad there, as nearly all dirt roads there except the main arteries. :o

cheers and thanks again.

onzestan

I saw a few full-sized quads at a shop on the way to Jomtien (just after you turn from #3 Road onto (Pratamnak ? I don't have my map handy). Anyways, it's not far from that intersection. If you keep going down that road towards the Captain's Corner, it's on the right-hand (hill side) of the road. Further down the road is the Harley shop (Hot Rod Harley ?).

As mentioned, they probably aren't street legal, but I've seen people riding them around Pattaya (not to mention people in golf carts to !). Out in the boonies ? Who knows !

There's a place towards the Pattaya end of Trappaya Road I've seen them for sale and hire, Borther's Car Rent, or something like that. As other's have said they are probably not licenced or insured for use on road so a point to be aware of. No idea of prices etc.