Learning To Play The Drums In Chiang Mai?

bucklt

Can anyone tell me where I can learn to play the drums - via private tuition and/or school - in Chiang Mai?

Thanks in anticipation.

Tony :o

Hi

I once went to inquire ( a few weeks ago ) at a music school on Prapoklao Road, 200 meters before the Thai Airways main office, near Queen Vic, they quoted me 400 bahts an hour for private lessons...

Hope this helps, good luck.

Phil

There is a music shop somewhere in Airport Plaza - I think it was also around 400bt (expensive I think - see posting on cheap charlies!!!).

And there is a small music shop on the north moat road - on the inside of the moat (south side) - west of Chang Puak Gate.

I am pretty sure they teach - nice people - I bought a practice set of drums there for 5,000.

happy hitting - it is fun!

There is a large music school opposite CMU on Suthep Rd, not to far from The Australia Center turnoff.

You could also try the one next to The Queen Vic Pub near Thai Airways office.

Good luck, and stick with it once you've started.. :o

I forgot to mention - I am learning from videos - lots of beginner vids for drums on U-tube

Many thanks for all those replies (and tips) folks.

Enough data there for me to start making enquiries within next couple of days.

Tony :o

I forgot to mention - I am learning from videos - lots of beginner vids for drums on U-tube

I'm learning bass again, picking up from years ago, just for fun (obviously). Lots of stuff online to get you going and enjoying. My kids learn piano and guitar. Used to learn at Petersons south moat, now at Chiang Mai Land as I moved and it is closer. Lots of music schools around, Thais also love music.