Air Pollution - Any Way To Avoid ?

phormio

I know, silly question, but thought I'd ask.

I'm guessing that the pollution is due to traffic and industrial plants.

Nonetheless, I'm wondering how far out and in which direction do you have to go to live to get out of the worst of the pollution?

I don't know BKK very well but will be moving there at the end of the year.

Thanks. :o

The pollution in central BKK is mostly traffic.

But as BKK has little wind (outside rainy season anyway) - the fumes tend to stay near the roads. Personally, as soon as you get about 30 metres from a main road, the air seems a lot cleaner. (that might just be in comparison though).

There is one good thing about the pollution though. - Mosquitoes don't like it, so it makes central Bangkok one of the few (non-coastal) parts of Thailand where you can walk around after sunset, and not get bitten much.

I know, silly question, but thought I'd ask.

I'm guessing that the pollution is due to traffic and industrial plants.

Nonetheless, I'm wondering how far out and in which direction do you have to go to live to get out of the worst of the pollution?

I don't know BKK very well but will be moving there at the end of the year.

Thanks. :o

its a horror , a find that after a few weeks my health starts to suffer from the heat, humidity, and pollution .

my lungs are in a poor way after a few weeks , how people stay there a long time i dont know.

when i get back home i have to take a hard regime to get myself fit again ,as i am normally well fit.

you cant jog as the air is so bad you get worse from breathing in the foul air .

and you take taxis everywhere to escape the heat/pollution as well , meaning less exercise . whereas normally i cycle or walk back home ...

your health goes downhill fast in BKK ......

as soon as you get about 30 metres from a main road, the air seems a lot cleaner. (that might just be in comparison though).

Thought it might be possible that prevailing weather and sources of pollution might make it possible to avoid the worst of it by choosing to live in a "low pollution zone", so to speak. Not many places in BKK where you can get far away from roads, I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...

as soon as you get about 30 metres from a main road, the air seems a lot cleaner. (that might just be in comparison though).

Thought it might be possible that prevailing weather and sources of pollution might make it possible to avoid the worst of it by choosing to live in a "low pollution zone", so to speak. Not many places in BKK where you can get far away from roads, I suppose.

It's pretty good where I am - but I'm a long way from central Bangkok. (Klong Samwa - where Safari World is if you've never heard of the area) - and yes, it is still Bangkok (just).

Thanks for the tips guys.

My family'll be in BKK in December , we'll temporarily stay in an apt., but soon(hopefully) thereafter rent a house - convinced this a good way to go after reading the article on ajarn about renting a house - it seems like it might be quite a bit cheaper than my original expectations.

:o