Compaq Laptop Batteries

crabstix

I bought a compaq laptop 7 months ago. The laptop came with a 1 yr warranty. Does that warrantee also cover the battery?

I find my battery diminishing in storage capacity rapidly. It used to hold a charge for 1.5 hours. Now for less than an hour.

What criteria would be used to decide if I would be entitled to a new batt anyway?

Guest Reimar
I bought a compaq laptop 7 months ago. The laptop came with a 1 yr warranty. Does that warrantee also cover the battery?

I find my battery diminishing in storage capacity rapidly. It used to hold a charge for 1.5 hours. Now for less than an hour.

What criteria would be used to decide if I would be entitled to a new batt anyway?

Normally for a new Laptop the Warranty for the first Battery Pack is max 1 Year! If you buy a new Pack the Warranty is max 6 month and for some just 3 month.

As your Laptop is already 7 month old, I would wait until 10 month and then try to change/claim. But check HP website to first that the warranty is covered for 1 year! you need to search with the Serial number of the Laptop for the Warranty coverage.

Cheers.

Laptop batteries are one of the biggest ripoffs around.

I have a 3 yr old Compaq and the battery is almost worthless. If the power goes out it'll hold for maybe 15-20 minutes. If I travel, it starts losing the charge once I unplug it. Maybe I should take the battery out when I travel to make it lighter? Any problems with doing that?