I Need Health Insurance For My Family

:o Hi

We will be coming to live in Thailand in the next few months. We are a family of four, two adults and two teenage kids. I need good family health insurance.

I have read what BUPA offer but I have heard some bad reports from people expecting to be covered and finding that they were not.

Can anyone recommend a reputable company that offers family cover and pay for treatment when its needed?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Are you talking about a long-term stay, or a short term stay?

Most of the major companies have travel policies that would cover you for a short term stay here, and then there are long term annual policies based in Thailand.

BUPA generally seems to have a good reputation, and they have a pretty wide range of different coverages available, each with a different name. I looked hard at them, but ended up going with LMGH for my medical coverage. AXA also has gotten good reviews.

I got quotes on all of those companies and more from a good insurance broker in BKK. If you're interested, PM me and I'll pass along the contact information. There also in an Insurance forum here on TV, but it's heavily related to the insurance broker business sponsored through Thai Visa, so not exactly impartial, IMHO.

Here is the insurance broker I have dealt with, with great satisfaction.

They got me quotes for BUPA, LMGH, AXA and others, and were very responsive.

Chaiyada Thurdthai

General Manager

Infinity Insurance Broker (Thailand) Co., Ltd.

3924 9th Floor BB Building, Sukhumvit 21 (Asoke),

Klong Toey, Wattana, Bangkok 10110

Tel. (66) 2 261 - 1571

Why don't you just post up the contact details of this broker ?

Just because there is a sponsor does not mean that the gestapo are back in charge and we cannot list other businesses.

Someone will likely move this anyway.