Thai Tourist Visa In Kuala Lumpur

With the requirement for flight tickets at the Thai consulates in Penang and Singapore, I wondered if anyone has recently applied for a Thai tourist visa in Kuala Lumpur?  Is it business as usual or are there additional hardships?

With the requirement for flight tickets at the Thai consulates in Penang and Singapore, I wondered if anyone has recently applied for a Thai tourist visa in Kuala Lumpur? Is it business as usual or are there additional hardships?

If it's a 60 day tourist visa (extendable-90 days) you want then KL is very straight forward and hassle free. Simply turn upto to the consulate bright and early, fill in the form, take a queue number, when you are called just hand them your apllication form, passport, 110Ringit (local currency), 2 photos and return the following morning to pick up your passport with your shiny new visa inside.

With the requirement for flight tickets at the Thai consulates in Penang and Singapore, I wondered if anyone has recently applied for a Thai tourist visa in Kuala Lumpur? Is it business as usual or are there additional hardships?

If it's a 60 day tourist visa (extendable-90 days) you want then KL is very straight forward and hassle free. Simply turn upto to the consulate bright and early, fill in the form, take a queue number, when you are called just hand them your apllication form, passport, 110Ringit (local currency), 2 photos and return the following morning to pick up your passport with your shiny new visa inside.

Thanks! What time can you get the Visa in the morning?? In Singapore you don't get your visa till the next afternoon meaning you pretty much have to stay another night before you can get a flight back to Thailand.

• 2 weeks later...

You've mentioned that the procedure is straight forward...we all know that. What we're really interested in knowing is how KL is handling applicants who have 2, 3 or more previous tourist visas in their passports and possibly "don't come back" red stamps from Penang.

We'd also like to know if they've introduced additional requirements like they have in Penang i.e. return/onward air tickets, hotel bookings.