Things To Do Around Nangrong Area?

BEDBANDIT

I'm going to go and stay in Nangrong for a few weeks its not my first trip to stay with my Gf family , but i will be my longest, in the past i was pretty bored after the frist day . ive been reading this issan forum for a while now ,reading what you guys do to past the time .

this time i will have my own bikes so i can travel around a bit,im not really interested in temples, my GF is telling me a cant go fishing anymore near her house (police will lock me :o ??)

so can anyone give me some info on some thing i could do while in nangrong area, there was a post i read about canoeing on the mae Nam Mun river which don't look to far away from nangrong , or any other river ,do they have canoe's for hire at some places?

we went to "had-chom-tawan" a big lake , or river not sure ,that was ok for a day out ,but was too far away really.

any info or input appreciated

thanks

jay

I'm going to go and stay in Nangrong for a few weeks its not my first trip to stay with my Gf family , but i will be my longest, in the past i was pretty bored after the frist day . ive been reading this issan forum for a while now ,reading what you guys do to past the time .

this time i will have my own bikes so i can travel around a bit,im not really interested in temples, my GF is telling me a cant go fishing anymore near her house (police will lock me :o ??)

so can anyone give me some info on some thing i could do while in nangrong area, there was a post i read about canoeing on the mae Nam Mun river which don't look to far away from nangrong , or any other river ,do they have canoe's for hire at some places?

we went to "had-chom-tawan" a big lake , or river not sure ,that was ok for a day out ,but was too far away really.

any info or input appreciated

thanks

jay

Hi there,

I have the same problem when I visit " the village ".

It is quite a lot further north than Ubon ( dont really know where you are going but have been to the Mun river ).

Last time I was there I swore that it would be the last but time dulls the memory and we are going back up there this year.

This time I also have a motorbike of my own and have plans to do a good amount of exploring.

This is something that I do enjoy upcountry, there are so many little villages scattered around the place and it is a little like being an explorer. First white man and all that stuff.

I want to know why your GF says that you cant go fishing because that is something that I plan to do a lot of next trip.

Arent farangs allowed to go fishing in Thailand either?

All the best

Hi Jay

When are you going ??

I am going to NongKi , which is just a few km's from Nang Rong, from 6th April til 3rd May (will be having a week in Pattaya during that time but not sure when). Would be good to have someone to be bored with :o . There are quite a lot of farang around that area now and i am sure we could organise something.

hi all ,

ok after more conversations ( head scratching ) with the GF ,i now understand why i cant fish anymore, this only applies to the big lake / swamp that is in front off her house , since i went up there last year, they have changed it ,made it into a picnic area by the water with food sellers and stuff. so i will need to go somewhere else

I'm leaving on 23/03 I'm having second thoughts about going for so long , I'm now thinking about hiring a car for a week and traveling a bit more , a night in surin , knonken* , nong kai , I've always wanted to go see what they like. i don't fancy going that far on my Honda wave, I'm off to the train station today see how much to send big bike from pattaya .

dose anybody know off some good fishing spots close to nangrong , say within 50 k travel , that's about all my arse can handle on the honda wave

thanks

jay

There is a fish restaurant in Prakon Chai that has its own lake for fishing, you catch they cook.

That's about 45km east of Nang Rong, it's a very busy road though and I have travelled it a couple of times by bike, not a pleasant experience.

There is a fish restaurant in Prakon Chai that has its own lake for fishing, you catch they cook.

That's about 45km east of Nang Rong, it's a very busy road though and I have travelled it a couple of times by bike, not a pleasant experience.

http://www.bankadon.com/

Currently closed.

That's a shame, thanks for the update, any idea of when/if it will re-open?

Currently closed.

No idea but Lamps did state somewhere in this forum that the owner had temporarily returned to Belgium to work. Couldn't find the post.

Currently closed.

No idea but Lamps did state somewhere in this forum that the owner had temporarily returned to Belgium to work. Couldn't find the post.

Just to make everyone aware that TimeOut is once again alive. Ludo olfficially re-opened about a week ago. After his hiccups he is now re-establishing similar to before, however TimeOut stays closed on a Monday.

The Bankadon website remains indicating that he is temporarily closed purely because of internet links...............this should hopefully be resolved later this week when his satellite links are re-booted.

It is a fresh start for Ludo and he may require some time to re-organise................but local Farang support is important to someone who is voluntarily trying to provide a service for us Buriramites..................take "TIMEOUT" to pay a visit ................ :o

It is a fresh start for Ludo and he may require some time to re-organise................but local Farang support is important to someone who is voluntarily trying to provide a service for us Buriramites..................take "TIMEOUT" to pay a visit ................ :o

Thanks for that Ray, that is good news......

There you go Jay, a place to fish, eat and chill out ..... but in all seriousness, rent a car.

thanks for all this info

that's great news , it don't look to far, i will deffenitly try Time-Out, had i look at he website and its look like a nice place .

i was looking over some other post's about surin, the Vaninnusa water park look like a great place for a day out , dose anybody know the admission price ,cant seem to find any info the price , is it cheaper for thai's , i might take the tribe, the kids would love it

thanks

jay

thanks for all this info

that's great news , it don't look to far, i will deffenitly try Time-Out, had i look at he website and its look like a nice place .

i was looking over some other post's about surin, the Vaninnusa water park look like a great place for a day out , dose anybody know the admission price ,cant seem to find any info the price , is it cheaper for thai's , i might take the tribe, the kids would love it

thanks

jay

Hi Bedbandit,

This info is a year old now, but at that time the Water World Park n Surin was only automatically open at weekends, charging 30 baht per person. However it gets heavily used of course, because the children are off school. It is not a large place and therefore weekends would be busy.

However the owner was at that time prepared to open any weekday if more than 30 persons turned up in your party (900 baht) or for a one off fee of 1000 baht he would open just for your family. I am not sure as to whether this still is the existing situation, however the number to call is (was) 044-520724 -/ 520865 or a mobile - 087-0308715.

As I said in the beginning of my mail, this info is 12 months old..................keep us posted here if the facts are still good...............hope this helps......... :o

You might care to try the Buriram Beach, a large swimming complex. Somewhat closer than Surin. Open daily (supposedly) and sure to be during school hols. Admission 40bt. Just down the road from the new Big C and Makro.
Hi Nick. where is that place? i was told that if you come out of Makro and turn left (there is no alternative) it is further along towards highway 226 near the place with restaurant with the big prawn out the front.

Also bedbandit if you go north from the middle of Nang Rong on road 2073 to Chamni and Lam Plai Mat at about 30 kms on the right hand side there is a Cabbages and Condoms resort and restaurant. You can fish there and they will let you take the fish home or they will cook a meal for you. Nice spot with lots of big trees to sit under and a cold beer available if you want it. Not much traffic on this road.

Enjoy Nang Rong. It's not a bad little town

Hi Nick. where is that place? i was told that if you come out of Makro and turn left (there is no alternative) it is further along towards highway 226 near the place with restaurant with the big prawn out the front.

It's a bit further than the big prawn, very near the Chevrolet showroom. There is a sign outside, which from recollection does not mention swimming, but indicates it is a fun centre for kids. If you pass it then "U Turn" and try again.

It's a bit further than the big prawn, very near the Chevrolet showroom. There is a sign outside, which from recollection does not mention swimming, but indicates it is a fun centre for kids. If you pass it then "U Turn" and try again.

Cheers mate. I will drive a little more slowly next time. Normally at that point I am in the RH lane as I turn right into 226 to Lam Plai mat.

Currently closed.

Just to make everyone aware that TimeOut is once again alive. Ludo olfficially re-opened about a week ago. After his hiccups he is now re-establishing similar to before, however TimeOut stays closed on a Monday.

The Bankadon website remains indicating that he is temporarily closed purely because of internet links...............this should hopefully be resolved later this week when his satellite links are re-booted.

That's good news, Ray.

I've missed going there, during my last couple of visits.

I see that their website is updated on Mar 23.

Look forward to visiting, probably later in April.

Regards,

Paul (America) and Malee

hi all ,

ok after more conversations ( head scratching ) with the GF ,i now understand why i cant fish anymore, this only applies to the big lake / swamp that is in front off her house , since i went up there last year, they have changed it ,made it into a picnic area by the water with food sellers and stuff. so i will need to go somewhere else

I'm leaving on 23/03 I'm having second thoughts about going for so long , I'm now thinking about hiring a car for a week and traveling a bit more , a night in surin , knonken* , nong kai , I've always wanted to go see what they like. i don't fancy going that far on my Honda wave, I'm off to the train station today see how much to send big bike from pattaya .

dose anybody know off some good fishing spots close to nangrong , say within 50 k travel , that's about all my arse can handle on the honda wave

thanks

jay

There's a little village not too far from Nang Rong, it's called Nondindang, there is a nice lake there and there are some smaller ponds all around the area. There's a lot of good fishing there. I'll be arriving on 11-Apr, we live in Nondindang. There are quite a few expats in the area, a lot of good friends to be made. Some are a bit standoffish, but others are friendly.

I love it in the Isaan, but then I've never been a big party and booze it up guy. I like hanging with the family and doing family things.

Take care and good luck!!!

Chris