Shipping Companies

jzam77

Hi everyone,

I have a quick question. I'm relocating back to America (Minnesota) and just have three boxes of personal belongings that I want to ship back home. Does anyone have any suggestions on a company to use? I'd like to find a fairly cheap one as it doesn't matter to me how long it takes to get there.

THanks in advance for your help!

Hi everyone,

I have a quick question. I'm relocating back to America (Minnesota) and just have three boxes of personal belongings that I want to ship back home. Does anyone have any suggestions on a company to use? I'd like to find a fairly cheap one as it doesn't matter to me how long it takes to get there.

THanks in advance for your help!

Send a personal message to "Raro", he's a member of this forum and manages a shipping company.

cheers

onzestan

To ship by standard seafreight...Loading into ISPM 15 standard crate, pick up, trucking to port Bangkok, customs clearance, origin THC, LCL to Minnesota min USD 100 per CBM, Detination THC, NVOCC charges, documentation handover charges, customs clearance, trucking to residence...........

A removal company would be even more expensive.

surface mail is the cheapest option.

When I relocated here, I used a Los Angeles-based shipping company Rama International Inc. (meaning sea shipping) that sent 20 variously sized boxes (up to 3 cubic feet each) to BKK (including delivery to my apartment) for a total of $650 U.S.

I know, from asking, they have a local office here in the BKK area as well. Phone 02-589-4925. The staff there, when I called regarding delivery here, pretty much only speak Thai. But, they did a good job and delivered my belonging about a month after their departure from L.A.

Most of the Thai folks I know in Los Angeles and the S.F. Bay area use them for their U.S. to Thailand shipping. But I have no idea how they'd deal with a more "exotic" location such as Minnesota.

For just 3 boxes, the best route probably would be to use the Internet to variously price the Fed Ex and DHL shipping rates for the size/weights you have, and then compare.

Freight rates out of Asia are triple the rates coming in. Plus US has home security random checks etc. EXPENSIVE.

This was true sometime back, due to carriers needing to reposition containers, but is no longer the case as the west bound transpac vessels are mainly full due to the low dollar and booming US exports.

Fact is that if you have a relatively small shipment (few cartons) send it post or by courier. Have a larger shipment, then send via a freight forwarder.