Is It Important To Bring A Happy Life To Los?

siamsam

I think that most people make the move because they are basically unhappy in their home country. Often they cannot find it wherever they go.

Myself, I am relatively happy when in UK, but generally dissatisfied with peoples attitudes and the ridicoulos constraints of the government. Political correctness in particular.

I am happy in UK, but happier in Los

If your not happy in your own country then you come here, maybe you are looking for something that you are not going to find, then you will be even more unhappy here.

personaly im the same as the previouse post, im happy when im in the UK and im happy here, i just prefer being happy here. :o make any sense?

the usa is my first home. I believe in the spirit of the country. and it will always have a place in my heart.

but the fact of the matter, the places where I like to live in america like the bay area (san francisco, menlo park, etc.), it costs money to do so. last I heard, the average house in california averages about $700,000 usa dollars. and I cannot afford this.

if I want to live in the bay area, I would have to work. and even then, I would be hardpressed to pay the bills each month. even on my humble existence.

on the other hand, living here in thailand affords me many of the same pleasures I had in the bay area at about 1/5 the cost. ..and I don't work.

of course, thailand is not perfect in every sense, but what country is?

to me, happy memories are the most important thing in life. but if you don't have the time to gather happy memories because you are working all the time, what's the point?

yes, if you really look at it subjectively, happiness is a state of mind. and some would say it should be possible to attain happiness whereever you are.

I personally think it takes a person who has a highly developed state of awareness to be able to attain this level of existence, OR, someone with total ignorance of the world around them.

I am neither of the above.

so, I try to find the best place for me, and through my travels I have found that, currently, it is thailand.

if you know of another place where -

1) the weather is warm,

2) first run movies cost about 2 us dollars,

3) bowling can be found for about 1 dollar a game,

4) meals outside can be had for less than a dollar,

5) simple lodging can be found for about 150 dollars a month.

6) public transportation is available for about 15 cents a trip.

(...the list goes on.)

let me know. I'm all ears.

the usa is my first home. I believe in the spirit of the country. and it will always have a place in my heart.

but the fact of the matter, the places where I like to live in america like the bay area (san francisco, menlo park, etc.), it costs money to do so. last I heard, the average house in california averages about $700,000 usa dollars. and I cannot afford this.

if I want to live in the bay area, I would have to work. and even then, I would be hardpressed to pay the bills each month. even on my humble existence.

on the other hand, living here in thailand affords me many of the same pleasures I had in the bay area at about 1/5 the cost. ..and I don't work.

of course, thailand is not perfect in every sense, but what country is?

to me, happy memories are the most important thing in life. but if you don't have the time to gather happy memories because you are working all the time, what's the point?

yes, if you really look at it subjectively, happiness is a state of mind. and some would say it should be possible to attain happiness whereever you are.

I personally think it takes a person who has a highly developed state of awareness to be able to attain this level of existence, OR, someone with total ignorance of the world around them.

I am neither of the above.

so, I try to find the best place for me, and through my travels I have found that, currently, it is thailand.

1) the weather is warm,

(...the list goes on.)

You have got it very well sussed out. Good luck to you.

I believe it's best to be happy in one's home land, then when you move to the next

you take the same energy with you.

I bet if you ask the folks who are not happy in Thailand they were not happy back

home. You take you with you.

I really love living here in So. California. The food the sun it's great, even enjoy my job,

but really looking forward to a early retirement in Thailand. I'll and do love it there

too.

1) the weather is warm,

(...the list goes on.)

You seem to be interested only in items that can be expressed in money, can find that in many places.

Nothing about the country and the Thai people ?

QUOTE (haha @ Wed 2004-09-29, 02:12:46)

1) the weather is warm,

(...the list goes on.)

You seem to be interested only in items that can be expressed in money, can find that in many places.

Nothing about the country and the Thai people ?

rcjoop

I think that you missed the point of haha's post

I dont see that he was only interested in things that can be expressed in money.

What he said was that in USA, the cost of living is so high that he spends too much time working just to make ends meet.

In Thailand the low cost of living means that he does not have to work and has the time to enjoy the more important things in life.

I don't believe that anyone stays in the Los because it is cheap, but because of the freedom that the low cost of living allows. ( Sometimes the women may have something to do with it as well! :o