Extension Of Stay On 1 Year "o" Visa

Went to the Imm office today, to extend my 90 days stay, as I'm married brought the copy's of docs required and wife with me. filled in an applicaton for TM 7 and submitted the app. the officer behind the window told me to go Laos to get another 90 days, How many days extension can I get was my unanswered question, I had to go to room 102 (Imm off Bnagkok) where I was interviewed, I know i can do a visa run but it was not convenient at the time.

I applied for an 60 day extension, which could not be givven because of the Multiple Entry of the Visa????

So forth and on they wanted to see if I had 400 000 THB on my bankaccount for the extension of stay, i which i could not provide (nesscesary???????)

I ended with an extension of 21 days wherof the last 7 to be resubmitted

is this normal, I thought they supposed to give 60 days

awaiting your kind reply

brgds,

Went to the Imm office today, to extend my 90 days stay, as I'm married brought the copy's of docs required and wife with me. filled in an applicaton for TM 7 and submitted the app. the officer behind the window told me to go Laos to get another 90 days, How many days extension can I get was my unanswered question, I had to go to room 102 (Imm off Bnagkok) where I was interviewed, I know i can do a visa run but it was not convenient at the time.

I applied for an 60 day extension, which could not be givven because of the Multiple Entry of the Visa????

So forth and on they wanted to see if I had 400 000 THB on my bankaccount for the extension of stay, i which i could not provide (nesscesary???????)

I ended with an extension of 21 days wherof the last 7 to be resubmitted

is this normal, I thought they supposed to give 60 days

awaiting your kind reply

brgds,

basically the norm is to take your 90 day visa in the last month and extend your stay at immigration to equal one year. then the following year, extend it again to one year etc.

to support thai wifey, immigration wants to see 400,000 baht in a thai bank account or 40,000 baht per month income.

so if that financial requirement isn't met then they will give a short extension to allow you to meet the requirement or give you time to leave and get another 90 day non immigrant O.