New Immigration Rules After April ?

Hi,

Apologies if this has been asked before, but after reading through some posts on here today, I saw one thread where it was mentioned that immigration rules will be changing after Arpil 1st this year. Is this true and if so, does anyone know exactly how the rules are changing ?

I'll be applying for settlement on around the 10th April so its vital to my preparation to know the answer to this.

Many thanks in advance

Lee

It was envisaged that from Ist April the new rules, which state that anyone who has previously been in the UK unlawfully will be automatically refused a new visa for a minimum of one year and a maximum of ten, would come in to play. However, their introduction has now been delayed until 1 October 2008.

Scouse.

It was envisaged that from Ist April the new rules, which state that anyone who has previously been in the UK unlawfully will be automatically refused a new visa for a minimum of one year and a maximum of ten, would come in to play. However, their introduction has now been delayed until 1 October 2008.

Scouse.

Sounds like another labour 'U turn', when are we going to see these idiots for what they are?.

yours truely......disillussioned, politicaly dis-enfranchised and generaly p**sed off with the 60's baby boom children who have inherited and seem to think they are caperble and equipt to run our country. In my opinion just another layer of gravey train chancers....................................nothing ever changes!

u-turn or no u-turn, but delay of the draconian law - good for thais, who had some problems and gives more time for those who are overstaying to sort out their papers and avoid problems in the future.