Anybody Experienced And Delays At The Embassy

I have heard there have been reports of the Entry Clearance Posts dragging their heels in their decision making proir to new rules that coming into force – particularly the post April Fools Day ones.

Has anyone here experienced any delays with the issueing of a visa. Or is it business as usual at the embassy.

Yorkie

?? Translation please !

Apologies if my wording was confusing.

There are some new rules coming into effect on 1st April which give ECO's greater powers to refuse entry to the UK. I have heard rumbleings that decisions on some applications are being delayes to catch the rule changes. An application is deemed valid from the date of it refused note the date of its submission.

Hope this is a little clearer

Yorkie

?? Translation please !

Apologies if my wording was confusing.

There are some new rules coming into effect on 1st April which give ECO's greater powers to refuse entry to the UK. I have heard rumbleings that decisions on some applications are being delayes to catch the rule changes. An application is deemed valid from the date of it refused note the date of its submission.

Hope this is a little clearer

Yorkie

Thanks for that !

Sorry, no idea about this . Guess you'll have infos soon anyway

It's the UK embassy that Yorkieb is referring to, although I take fishhooks' point that it wasn't particularly clear.

Any application will be governed by the Immigration Rules as they stand on the date of application, so, to be honest, the visa section has nowt to gain by just sitting on the papers.

Scouse.

Thanks for clearing that up Scouse...... As this is ThaiVisa and I did mention entry into the UK. I kinda thought it was clear I was talking about a visa application in thailand to enter the Uk. But no big deal will try to be crystal clear in future.

Yorkie over and out.

I certainly did not mean to offend and was mainly talking about posters indicating in some way in the actual topic title, which country their post is referring to.

Just saves much time, particularly on dial-up, not having to open up and scan topics for which you are not seeking info.

Edited by fishhooks