Cabinet Approves Extended Songkran Holidays

george

Don't they realise what a nightmare it is for offices to close on such short notice. Everytime they do this, all my staff are suddenly up in arms if we don't announce that we are closing as well.

Hey c'mon, guys, quit yer bitchin'.....it's a paid holiday!!!! Enjoy it!!!

Hi guys,

Is this extra holiday for those who work for a private company or is it for Govt. employees only? My boss fed me some line about there only being 13 Public / National holidays for which we had to close but I suspect that's untrue.

Can anyone shed some light on this please as an extra day-off would certainly be most welcome?

Kind regards,

Hill16

Is there sufficient water available, to allow for an extra day's water-throwing, do you think ? Here in our village near Chiang Mai, nobody is growing the second (irrigated) crop of rice this year, despite the higher prices on-offer, because remaining water-stocks are reserved for the city-folks to drink. :o

The Thai Government informs us that the water supply is running dangerously low. The advise Thais to beat the heat by taking as many showers as they can. Let's throw in an extra day or two to throw water, ice and powder on each other. Is it me or are they trying to thin the heard a bit by guaranteeing additional road deaths for this years Songkran?

Amazing Thailand!

The Thai Government informs us that the water supply is running dangerously low. The advise Thais to beat the heat by taking as many showers as they can. Let's throw in an extra day or two to throw water, ice and powder on each other. Is it me or are they trying to thin the heard a bit by guaranteeing additional road deaths for this years Songkran?

Amazing Thailand!

Planning ahead. :o

Amazing Thailand!

I don't know , but it was the same last year , throwing more water creates more moisture in the

air , which in turn can develop rainshowers .

At least that is necessary for artificial rainmaking what Chiangmai at the moment needs again !

If it really works like not a clue , but it was what I've read a couple of times .

Cabinet approves extended Songkran holidays

The Cabinet Tuesday approved April 16 as another holiday for this year's Songkran holidays, which will being from April 12.

-- The Nation 2008-03-25

A great excuse for C'rai to throw water for 3 weeks instead of 2. :o