Clean Air Station

CMDIVER

hi everyone and anyone, please can someone let me know where i can getr a cylinder and air for scuba in Chiang mai

There is an oxygen dealer to the left of the Railroad station on the main road.. can't remember the name, but I remember the good service they gave me...

hi everyone and anyone, please can someone let me know where i can getr a cylinder and air for scuba in Chiang mai

There is an oxygen dealer to the left of the Railroad station on the main road.. can't remember the name, but I remember the good service they gave me...

There are a number of oxygen dealers around. There are some on Suthep Rd and there is at least one on Chiangmoi.

It should be remembered however that it is air that goes in a SCUBA tank and NOT oxygen. Normal filtered breathing quality air.

Preferably not the stuff that we get to breath when we venture outdoors in Chiangmai. (but if this is adequately filtered it would be OK)

"While buying a scuba air compressor, make sure that it meets international breathing air standards. Health is the last thing that you would want to compromise on" So it should be read in this case "when using, rather than while buying"

AND, sorry. I cannot suggest where in Chiangmai they might have the air compressors with the required filters that meet international breathing air standards. A fire station would be a good place to start your search though. They might even do it for you for the price of a couple of beers.

Edited by john b good

PLEASE, do NOT use oxygen to fill scuba tanks! That would be poisonous at depth. Only pure, well filtered 'AIR' is use when doing recreational diving. Be sure to purchase it at a reliable air station that has quality controls on its filters. Breathing in oil vapors can kill you quickly....

If you are NITROX certified you can increase your O2 mix from the norm of 20%-21% as high as 36%, but that's about the limit, and while this will increase your NDL times it reduces the max depth to which you can descend.

I have a small dive compressor called a "Bauer Junior". I bought it from an outfit in Phuket called Dive Supply and I think it cost about 150,000 baht a few years ago. Its present location is a hundred km from Chiangmai but someone else may have one closer. It has been a good unit and runs of 220V household power and I can recommend them. You should be able to find them on Google.