Do You Drive A 4*4?

p1p

Reports are reaching me that there is a gang going round garages and mechanics paying the repair bills for 4*4s that were in for service and driving them off into the wide blue yonder.

If you have a 4*4, please leave explicit instructions with your mechanic or other service center that ONLY YOU may collect the car from them. You can tell them that someone else may offer to pay the repair cost and that should be allowed, :o but ONLY YOU may collect the keys and drive the car out.

Bit strange, though.

At the kennel if someone that's not the owner or the one that brought the dog/cat comes to collect the animal I won't give it, even when they offer to pay the bill. I need specific instructions of the owner first, preferable with some sort of ID of the to me unknown person that comes to collect.

Nienke

No April fool! I have now received three independent reports of people attempting to pick up vehicles that were not their own. The vehicles concerned were a Jeep Cherokee, a Landrover Discovery and a Toyota 4*4 pickup.

That makes it extra mysterious... Who in their right mind would want a Jeep Cherokee? :o (4 liter engine that's thirstier than a good group of Hash House Harriers..) Can't give em away almost.

Aha. You are an honest man.

Imagine being a Burma border drug baron, wanting a car stolen to order. Don't think you'll be worrying about the price of gas...........!

That makes it extra mysterious... Who in their right mind would want a Jeep Cherokee? :D (4 liter engine that's thirstier than a good group of Hash House Harriers..) Can't give em away almost.

i'll have them :o also its its possible, add an LPG or NGV tank in there :D