Sending Money Out Of Thailand

Hi,

What is presently the easiest and cheapest way to send money from Thailand back to the UK. I am looking to send around 4.5m Baht as am moving back to the UK. I have sent money back via the bank before but I was only allowed 1 transaction per day of less than 20k USD. Is this still the same?

Secondly, if this this is still the same can go into a branch in Bangkok and send money from there even though the account was set up in Koh Samui?

Any help and advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

What is presently the easiest and cheapest way to send money from Thailand back to the UK. I am looking to send around 4.5m Baht as am moving back to the UK. I have sent money back via the bank before but I was only allowed 1 transaction per day of less than 20k USD. Is this still the same?

Secondly, if this this is still the same can go into a branch in Bangkok and send money from there even though the account was set up in Koh Samui?

Thanks

What about taking the funds back in the form of a cheque in THB then exchange it at your bank in the UK when you deposit in your account?

Hi,

Thanks

What about taking the funds back in the form of a cheque in THB then exchange it at your bank in the UK when you deposit in your account?

Can you imagine taking a cheque all the way back to the UK only to have it bounced because the bank staff forgot to stamp it correctly because they were too busy chatting.

Wire it back to the UK and make sure that its in your bank before you leave Thailand.

If you already have the 4.5 Million, I assume its in a bank and not stuffed into a really big sock so asking the bank to wire it to your account in the UK should be fast and the cheapest way to do it.

I'm not sure why they would limit the transfer to 20K USD unless you did it over the internet or something, Going into the branch you should be OK. As far as do you need to use the Branch where you opened the account, I should doubt it, But you know the score, Who knows :-)

Edited by EmptyMind