Travelling For Thai With Double Nationality

Hi all,

My daughter is 17 and living in Belgium for the moment and she has some personal probems.

She would like to come to Thaiand as fast as possible but she only has a Belgium Passport.

She has a Thai ID card but no passport.

If she would come to Thailand would she be able to come to Thailand with a visa excemption and just stay in Thailand after that on her Thai ID card.

Or would she need to apply for a Thai passport and leave the country again and then enter on her Thai passport again to make it legal.

Hi all,

My daughter is 17 and living in Belgium for the moment and she has some personal probems.

She would like to come to Thaiand as fast as possible but she only has a Belgium Passport.

She has a Thai ID card but no passport.

If she would come to Thailand would she be able to come to Thailand with a visa excemption and just stay in Thailand after that on her Thai ID card.

Or would she need to apply for a Thai passport and leave the country again and then enter on her Thai passport again to make it legal.

Get a Thai passport at the consulate in Brussels?

"She would like to come to Thaiand as fast as possible but she only has a Belgium Passport."

not 100% sure but cant see a problem here, she belgium passport comes here, then goes and apply's for a thaipassport and they should then let her know what action to take next, it may be as you say she might have to nip to border in order to make good her belgium passport, but not worry i think she should be ok!

chris

"She would like to come to Thaiand as fast as possible but she only has a Belgium Passport."

not 100% sure but cant see a problem here, she belgium passport comes here, then goes and apply's for a thaipassport and they should then let her know what action to take next, it may be as you say she might have to nip to border in order to make good her belgium passport, but not worry i think she should be ok!

chris

If she get her passport in Bangkok, and leave Thailand with her Belgium Passport, next time she try to enter Thailand, she will be questioned by immigration, as her Thai Passport should have a departure/arrival form.

Probably easier to explain if she get a new Thai Passport in Belgium.

Get a Thai passport at the consulate in Brussels?

Yes I know that is what I told her too but that takes a while and she would like to come earlier.

And when I thought about it I thought maybe it wouldn't be a problem I am only not sure what would happen when she would apply for a Thai passport here and leave the country later on her Thai passport.

Maybe her name would be flagged with immigration because she came in with her Belgium passport and dit not leave the country upon that entry.

chris

If she get her passport in Bangkok, and leave Thailand with her Belgium Passport, next time she try to enter Thailand, she will be questioned by immigration, as her Thai Passport should have a departure/arrival form.

Sorry I saw I forgot to mention that she wouldn't leave on her Belgium passport she would want to come here and live with me.

So next time she would go out of the country I would apply for a Thai passport in Bangkok and leave with that passport.

chris

"apply's for a thaipassport and they should then let her know what action to take next,"

1. First choice would be obtain Thai passport and enter using it.

2. Second choice enter on Belgium passport, obtain Thai passport, exit on Belgium passport and then return on Thai passport. When asked why no departure card in new Thai passport show of Belgium passport that was used for exit should explain it. If officer not sure ask for higher level until it is accepted - it will be from every account.

She can apply for a one year visa when she gets to Thailand. She will need to bring her Thai ID with her when she applies for her Visa, single or multiple entries. I hold a U.S passport but also have a Thai ID. You will get a one year visa with a Thai ID with no problem.

She can apply for a one year visa when she gets to Thailand. She will need to bring her Thai ID with her when she applies for her Visa, single or multiple entries. I hold a U.S passport but also have a Thai ID. You will get a one year visa with a Thai ID with no problem.

Extension fee 1900 baht.

chris

Sorry I saw I forgot to mention that she wouldn't leave on her Belgium passport she would want to come here and live with me.

So next time she would go out of the country I would apply for a Thai passport in Bangkok and leave with that passport.

She will not be permitted to leave Thailand without a passport, nor would she be permitted to enter Belgium.