Laptop For Gf's Daughter In Utalladit

tariq

Hi

First time I have posted to this section of the forum and I will apologise in advance if I ask any really stupid questions but I honestly have no idea about technology in LOS.

Anyway, here goes...

My gf's daughter has recently been accpeted a place at what I understand is a really good school in Utalladit. I am considering buying her a laptop but have no idea about what kind of cost I should expect. I am in London and everything is expensive here!!!

I don't suppose it would have to be top of the range but something to help her with homework (and to be able to play games knowing other 12 year olds!).

How do thai's get on to the internet if they don't have a land line? Or is the answer simply then don't?!

Can anyone give me some advice on how much I should expect to pay and what I can do about internet access if poiisble for a thai househodl that doesn't have a land line?

Many thanks

Tariq...

Guest Reimar

For a beginner there a lot quite cheap Laptops around. Toshiba, Acer, Lenovo and others. You'll get for about and around THB 20,000 one which will suit all needs for an Beginner and evcen for most of the normal users.

Personally I would suggest an Acer because of the exellent service Acer has even up country. And Acer Laptops comeing with and 1 year international Warranty and and 1 year Insurance as well. Tho extend the Warranty time is just to pay about THB 3,000 for additional 2 years more.

THB 20,000 are abour 320 quit!

Cheers.

Good laptops are available around 20K, but as you tell

(and to be able to play games knowing other 12 year olds!).
be very careful not buying a machine with a "shared memory" graphic card. 128MB Ram (dedicated) graphic card is what you would like , and for more recent and sophisticed games at least 256MB is needed. Edited by hp8000