Poverty Tour For Rich In Thailand Falls Flat

bingobongo

In reality not too far removed from sex tourism or vacation visits to Orphanages.

People with lots of money stroking their own egos by dishing out there largesse ... because they can afford to.

In reality not too far removed from sex tourism or vacation visits to Orphanages.

People with lots of money stroking their own egos by dishing out there largesse ... because they can afford to.

True. Although it is rather reassuring to know that in this case, all that money doesn't seem to be able to afford class, taste, or good judgment.

Talk about mixing apples with oranges, that is more like mixing caviar with dog food. You fly your Lear Jet to outer Isaan to see the total eclipse of poverty. I did not think that poverty is something you tour by private jet. You go in a minivan at most (whatever the locals ride in, even if it is oxcart or on foot over mountain trails), you eat the same food the poor natives eat (same quantity, too), and you sleep on a mat on the floor with 8 other people, and two flea-infested dogs. For days, and days. Otherwise, you are just watching animals in a zoo.

In fact, the minibus tours to the Golden Triangle (for visa runs) used to visit Hill Tribe villages that were pathetic.

Agreed, it is out of taste, they should at least fly into Chiang Mai first and see some culture................ :D

No, not really because we all know that <deleted> happens, when the street crashes, these are the people that take a dive............

crash baby crash

Issan will always be here :o

Just hope they pay up for the rental on my lear though

Edited by solent01

I could not agree more on that this stunt is as tasteless and stupid as possible. But having read this: http://csr-asia.com/index.php?id=11503

"A Ban Tatit resident, whose income is less than US$300 dollars per month, shared his thoughts on a meal costing one million baht."

I am wondering how much less then $300 per month his income is? If it is from 250-299, this resident is actually doing quite ok compared to millions of folks and farmers around rural Thailand. 8-9k a month? I see folks around scraping a living on 4-5k a month in Chiang Mai. Let alone the Thai Yai and the Hilltribes, who some of them survive on just around 3k a month. :o