Third Bangkok Expat Beheaded In Iraq

george

Maybe Rod should be put behind bars for a while for inciting to violence against ethnic and religious groups, so he has an opportunity to meditate on above quote. :o

Maybe you should hope the Department of Homeland Security doesn't read your terrorist-supporting drivel.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Rod should be put behind bars for a while for inciting to violence against ethnic and religious groups, so he has an opportunity to meditate on above quote. :o

Maybe you should hope the Department of Homeland Security doesn't read your terrorist-supporting drivel.

Attorney General Ashcroft has been notified... :D

Americans should get the f*** out of Iraq--and their little "yes men" the British. They had no right to be there in the first place. They used the 9/11 tragedy as a smokescreen, preying on the need for vengence of the citizens of their country. They too are beheading and dismembering innocent men, women, and children with their missiles and bombs. You call them [radical Muslims] cowards for beheading these men. They did it with their own hands. They have more courage in their little knife-weilding pinkies than all the pilots who drop death from above. They are protecting their country from armies manipulated by trans-national corporations. I would do the same for my country if I was being attacked by overwhelmingly powerful forces against which I had very little resources with which to retalliate.

But hey, I feel sad for his family. I feel sad for them that he chose a line of work that put himself and them in this situation. I feel sad that he wasn't home taking care of his own, instead of chasing a buck around a doomed sandpit.

If only people got so worked up over just one child killed by an American bomb. Just think how much outrage there would be every time a child is blown to bits, or worse, survives a bombing with an eye missing or a limb or a hand or a foot or all of the above. No wonder they hate us. We can only see ourselves. We can only comment on how horrible it is for us. This isn't a spectator sport. People are getting murdered everywhere--individually on the streets and in mass campaigns. You make me sick.

An intelligent reply I can respect.

The issue of Iraq of course goes back a lot lot further. The poeple suffered greatly after the sactions imposed after Desert Storm. That is when the most innocents died as the country was deprived of medical supplies and clean water and food, whilst suffereing the radioactive effects from tank and aircraft shells using depleted uranium. The recent 'war' was just to change the leadership.

And even before that when the USA and the west sold arms to Iraq and Iran and prollonged a war both countries wanted to end.

This country has suffered immensely at the hands of the west. Another one to add to the list.

Book of condolence for slain British hostage stolen from mosque

Tue Oct 12, 6:07 AM ET Mideast - AFP

LONDON (AFP) - A book of condolence for Kenneth Bigley, the first British hostage to be executed in Iraq (news - web sites), has been stolen from the main mosque in Britain's second city Birmingham.

The book was opened at Birmingham Central Mosque on Saturday, a day after Bigley's family confirmed his execution at the hands of the Tawhid wal Jihad (Unity and Holy War) group after three weeks in captivity.

Mohammed Naseem, chairman of the mosque, said Tuesday that the book was discovered stolen on Sunday, along with a photograph of the 62-year-old engineer, candles and some sympathy cards.

"They are sick people," said Naseem, referring to the thieves. "We don't know who's done it and I can't put a motive on it. It's very distressing for us and undoubtedly for Mr Bigley's family."

A new book of condolence has been opened at the mosque and will be kept safe in the mosque office before being sent to Bigley's family in Liverpool.

Earlier this year, a book of condolence for victims of the Madrid train bombings was stolen from the same mosque. It had been signed by nearly 2,000 Muslims and religious leaders, and was to have been sent to Spain

You cannot expect the kind of vengeful, hatepromoting, generalising comments made here to stand unchallenged.

The fact that you're a selective arsekisser leaves you with a severe credibility problem.

On the one hand you exhibit tacit limp-wristed sympathy for terrorists and hostage takers and suicide bombers and killers of innocents and deliberate AIDS-spreaders, yet on the other hand you presume to chastise me for suggesting that we wreak vengeance in kind on such murderous scum.

If you expect thaivisa readers to believe that you're a a pious absolver of sinners who really did drink from the mythical Font of Forgiveness then your wimpery should be consistent ... you should be showering me with sympathy and kissing my arse too.

You can't have it both ways.

Without singling anyone out, as an acquaintance of Ken's it does make me a little sad to see the personal attacks in this thread, given the central topic it concerns: Ken's abduction and murder. It is especially hurtful to see comments against Ken, comments made I hope because the writers are unaware of the multiple tragedies that led him to seek a new life elsewhere. One of my closest personal friends happens to have been legal counsel to one of Ken's murdered colleagues, and while he rightly observes client-attorney privilege and hasn't told me any precise numbers, he has told me I would be amazed at just how low -- given the danger -- the compensation was for the guys. They don't sound like money chasers to me -- and I knew one of them well, for years.

To the moderator, may I suggest the larger discussions and debates regarding the war itself be addressed in a separate thread?

Mekhong Kurt

I am getting tired of people making fun of the US President Our congress voted on it and gave him permission to go so they are just as guilty The President can only order troops to fight for up to 90 days and that is it other wise he has to get congress approval and how is this an illegal war During the nineties many resolutions were passed by the UN for Saddam to disarm and this is fact. Also the US had all rights to attack him anyway He has started a war many times by shooting at our planes when the No Fly Zones were in effect. Also the time he massed troops along the Kuwait border but everyone forgets all these things The world is better that Saddam Hussein is not in power anymore or do u not agree to this??

I don’t think these comments should go unchallenged.

Congress voted for Bush to go to war.

They didn’t give him permission to do it in an unprofessional manner.

And criticizing Bush does NOT mean that Saddam Hussein would still be in power.

Bush should have won support from a larger coalition.

He should have sent more Troops

He should have secured Iraq’s Borders

He should have Planned the Peace.

If he had done things properly we might now have peace in Iraq,

With Saddam behind Bars and Iraq ready for elections.

Just because Iraq is now in a mess – does not mean that was the only way

- others could have obviously done better.

Roger

Americans should get the f*** out of Iraq--and their little "yes men" the British.  They had no right to be there in the first place.  They used the 9/11 tragedy as a smokescreen, preying on the need for vengence of the citizens of their country.  They too are beheading and dismembering innocent men, women, and children with their missiles and bombs.  You call them [radical Muslims] cowards for beheading these men.  They did it with their own hands.  They have more courage in their little knife-weilding pinkies than all the pilots who drop death from above.  They are protecting their country from armies manipulated by trans-national corporations.  I would do the same for my country if I was being attacked by overwhelmingly powerful forces against which I had very little resources with which to retalliate.

But hey, I feel sad for his family.  I feel sad for them that he chose a line of work that put himself and them in this situation.  I feel sad that he wasn't home taking care of his own, instead of chasing a buck around a doomed sandpit. 

If only people got so worked up over just one child killed by an American bomb.  Just think how much outrage there would be every time a child is blown to bits, or worse, survives a bombing with an eye missing or a limb or a hand or a foot or all of the above.  No wonder they hate us.  We can only see ourselves.  We can only comment on how horrible it is for us.  This isn't a spectator sport.  People are getting murdered everywhere--individually on the streets and in mass campaigns.  You make me sick.

An intelligent reply I can respect.

The issue of Iraq of course goes back a lot lot further. The poeple suffered greatly after the sactions imposed after Desert Storm. That is when the most innocents died as the country was deprived of medical supplies and clean water and food, whilst suffereing the radioactive effects from tank and aircraft shells using depleted uranium. The recent 'war' was just to change the leadership.

And even before that when the USA and the west sold arms to Iraq and Iran and prollonged a war both countries wanted to end.

This country has suffered immensely at the hands of the west. Another one to add to the list.

Yes - I agree with DKstoney & Eastender

Roger