Big Fight Night

Hi all,

i don't have UBC... do you know if there is any pub that will open early and show the fight?

would a perfect breakfast/TV time in a pub :o

gonna be a great fight, go for it Joe... be the first white man to beat Hopkins's ass !

Hi all,

i don't have UBC... do you know if there is any pub that will open early and show the fight?

would a perfect breakfast/TV time in a pub :D

gonna be a great fight, go for it Joe... be the first white man to beat Hopkins's ass !

dont have UBC/True so will have to look for the torrent :o besides, most of the time, you get 4 or 5 useless undercard fights that waste a few precious sleep in hours on a sunday morning :D

2 old men do battle~ Joe should win but if he gets to fight Roy Jones Jr, it might be different

I thought Hopkins looked the more dangerous throughout and landed with the better punches, id have give it to him on points, not one of Calzaghes better nights for me he looked tentative and scared of being hit and didnt really land with any combinations.

Still he got the result.

Would like to see a re-match at Wembley.

PS The ref is biased.

I thought Hopkins looked the more dangerous throughout and landed with the better punches, id have give it to him on points, not one of Calzaghes better nights for me he looked tentative and scared of being hit and didnt really land with any combinations.

Still he got the result.

Would like to see a re-match at Wembley.

PS The ref is biased.

It was a great fight. Being American, I wanted Hopkins, but I agreed with the two judges that gave Calzaghes the fight. I recorded it, and the claimed low blow in the 10th was low, but it was more of a slap than a punch. No way it hurt like Hopkins played on. On the one in the 11th it was impossible to tell, but although Hopkins claimed he needed time to recuperate, seconds later after being told by Cortez (the ref) that it was not a foul, Hopkins was throwing punches like it never happened. As Calzaghes said after the fight, it was clearly a tactic by an experienced veteran.

In many, many years of refereeing title fights, Cortez has never been accused of being biased. It was a tough fight to ref, with both fighters employing dirty tactics throughout the fight. He warned both fighters equally and didn't take away points from either fighter.

I see why Calzaghes is undefeated, but I don't think he could stand up to Roy Jones Jr.'s speed and power. Still, it would be a huge payday for Calzaghes, and he deserves it.

Agree with how toescape and I thought the Welshman a bit lucky to get the decision.

Hopkins looked the stronger and whilst Joe landed more blows they seemed less effective then those landed by his opponent.

More of a brawl then a boxing match but not bad entertainment and would be nice to see a re-match.

Agree with how toescape and I thought the Welshman a bit lucky to get the decision.

Hopkins looked the stronger and whilst Joe landed more blows they seemed less effective then those landed by his opponent.

More of a brawl then a boxing match but not bad entertainment and would be nice to see a re-match.

There is no question that the harder punches were being thrown by Hopkins, but comparatively there were so few of them that it would have been very hard to give Hopkins the fight. He didn't deserve to win. The US announcers made the point that Hopkins was much better against Tarver and Wright.

I doubt there will be a rematch unless Jones Jr. doesn't want a fight against Calzaghes. For Calzaghes, it is about the money given that he is 36 years old and unlike Hopkins, hasn't had many big paydays despite being a world champ in two weight classes. Pavilek would be a great fight, but again, it is about the money and Roy Jones Jr. would be a huge payday.

It was a great fight. Being American, I wanted Hopkins, but I agreed with the two judges that gave Calzaghes the fight. I recorded it, and the claimed low blow in the 10th was low, but it was more of a slap than a punch. No way it hurt like Hopkins played on. On the one in the 11th it was impossible to tell, but although Hopkins claimed he needed time to recuperate, seconds later after being told by Cortez (the ref) that it was not a foul, Hopkins was throwing punches like it never happened. As Calzaghes said after the fight, it was clearly a tactic by an experienced veteran.

In many, many years of refereeing title fights, Cortez has never been accused of being biased. It was a tough fight to ref, with both fighters employing dirty tactics throughout the fight. He warned both fighters equally and didn't take away points from either fighter.

I see why Calzaghes is undefeated, but I don't think he could stand up to Roy Jones Jr.'s speed and power. Still, it would be a huge payday for Calzaghes, and he deserves it.

It was Cortez who ref'd the Hatton Mayweather fight maybe im still bitter, when Hatton was holding he wouldnt stand for it, but when Hopkins was he didnt do as much about it.

I think Hopkins time wasting antics if anything would go against him in the judges score cards, as one judge had Calzaghe winning 9 rounds which i dont think he did.

You Americans do favour the aggressor which maybe why we see the fight differently.

I thought Calzaghes father/trainer wasnt as confident on hearing him between the final rounds.

It'll be Jones Jr or Tarver next for him as like you say thats wher the money is.