Are There Any Saunas Or Herbal Steams In Cm?

RICHFROMOZ

Hi, just arrived in CM, so far love it. Am however looking for any saunas or herbal steam rooms that you can just visit and use without having to pay for a massage or spa treatment etc. Would appreciate it if anyone in the know could advise of such. Thanks in advance.

Rich

if it is the same one i am thinking of, and whose name i also forget, i would not describe it as great.

my experience was: quick, get in, get out, hurry, hurry. you want scrub with that? sorry. and BTW the price for 1/2 hour same as 1 hour. bye now come back soon.

I'm wondering if it is the same place.

I was doing a lot of detox/fasting at one time and going there all the time, so maybe they were nicer to me. Maybe 3/4 of the way up soi 7 away from Moon Muang Road on the North side? I think that Noi massage was right next door?

Go to Wualai Road and before the golf practice and the outer ring road look for the Old Medecine Hospital (or something similar). Actually look for the sign. I don't think you can see the building from the street. Traditional herbal steams.

Edited by adjan jb

Old Medecine Hospital

78/1 Soi Siwaka Komarat

Wualai Rd

053 275 085

How much, pray tell does it cost to sit in the delicious waff of herbal aromas whilst beads of glisting drops of precious bodily fluid pour from within??

Old Medecine Hospital

78/1 Soi Siwaka Komarat

Wualai Rd

053 275 085

How much, pray tell does it cost to sit in the delicious waff of herbal aromas whilst beads of glisting drops of precious bodily fluid pour from within??

It used to cost 30 baht/hour.

I have been searching for such places for a long time.

All the best equipped saunas in Chiang Mai seem to be for gays, nothing against them, just I`m not gay.

So if anyone knows of any decent sauna houses in or outside of Chiang Mai that would suit an old deprived married man like myself, I would be interested.

All the best equipped saunas in Chiang Mai seem to be for gays, nothing against them, just I`m not gay.

So if anyone knows of any decent sauna houses in or outside of Chiang Mai that would suit an old deprived married man like myself, I would be interested.

I am also looking for a good sauna, and one that is not for gays. Nothing against them either. Distortedlink, how can you tell that they were for gays? Heaven forbid if I accidently went in one, it would sure be embarrassing to be shoooooed out.

I am also looking for a good sauna, and one that is not for gays. Nothing against them either. Distortedlink, how can you tell that they were for gays? Heaven forbid if I accidently went in one, it would sure be embarrassing to be shoooooed out.

Me as well... not gay that is. Iam also a deprived married somewhat old guy too.

Well, it's not a sauna, but I love the hot springs way out yonder in San Kamphaeng. Always rent one of those little huts ( privacy rooms ) gotta tub in 'em, and crank on the 'ol boiling water..half way full and it sure feels like a sauna. ahhWunderful ...ahhwunderfuul ( apoligies to Mr. Welk )

Only bad thing is that the Vespa ride back to town after some great hours there sure is a bitch.

Me as well... not gay that is. Iam also a deprived married somewhat old guy too.

Well, it's not a sauna, but I love the hot springs way out yonder in San Kamphaeng. Always rent one of those little huts ( privacy rooms ) gotta tub in 'em, and crank on the 'ol boiling water..half way full and it sure feels like a sauna. ahhWunderful ...ahhwunderfuul ( apoligies to Mr. Welk )

Only bad thing is that the Vespa ride back to town after some great hours there sure is a bitch.

Sounds nice, but a bit far. Say, whats the difference between a sauna and a steam room, anything?

One gay sauna was advertising, free entry, and that`s what worried me.

One gay sauna was advertising, free entry, and that`s what worried me.

"free entry"..

That's scary!!!!!

Ha ha... I want cool too... but it feels soooo good to sweat! :o

Saunas and steam rooms are the way forward! Great detox, great relaxer, and most of all great for feeling good!!! :D

I'm used to big communal steam rooms / saunas... and I don't get what all these men only saunas here are about... (as a girl anyway!) I also don't like the tiny, one person cell-like steam rooms that cost 200 B for 15 minutes!

I just joined Relax-Land... It has a promotion - costs 890 B a month, but you have to join for 3 months.

It's got a sauna and steam room (not working at the moment) but the sauna was the best I've ever had! Made in Finland - it's the real deal, and seemed brand new!

You also get the use of the gym (brand spanking new equipment) with a personal trainer, a great pool, and if you want massages upstairs, in a great setting (200 B for a Thai massage / 800 for aromatherapy).

The service is impeccible - I was given ginger tea and fresh fruit after my sauna, and everything is pristine. Apparently the guy who owns it also runs one of the gay saunas...

Gotta love the perversity (in the intellectual sense, of course :D ) of this thread....here we have had some of the most ball-breaking hot weather...and people are looking for a Finnish-style sauna.....

I have to admit that a real sauna, with incredible scorching dry heat, eucalyptus branches, and all the other stuff- very therapeutic.

What I am missing, is that in the Scandinavian countries, after the afore-mentioned sauna, it is traditional to jump into a hole cut into a frozen over lake.

I'm wondering where I can find that here, as well as the frozen Stolichnaya vodka to accompany same.... :o

Gotta love the perversity (in the intellectual sense, of course :D ) of this thread....here we have had some of the most ball-breaking hot weather...and people are looking for a Finnish-style sauna.....

I have to admit that a real sauna, with incredible scorching dry heat, eucalyptus branches, and all the other stuff- very therapeutic.

What I am missing, is that in the Scandinavian countries, after the afore-mentioned sauna, it is traditional to jump into a hole cut into a frozen over lake.

I'm wondering where I can find that here, as well as the frozen Stolichnaya vodka to accompany same.... :o

Now, that's what I'm talkin' 'bout...

Frozen Stoly..mummm good after a hot steam...or anytime.

Heck, pass the frozen Jager, next best thing...German Nyquil I say...chug w/ a Red Bull...humm.. wonder how'd that would taste after steamin' until ya almost pass out...maybe like kee, but the buzz would be good..

Ahhhhwunderful....aaahhhhhwunderful....

Ha ha... I want cool too... but it feels soooo good to sweat! :o

Saunas and steam rooms are the way forward! Great detox, great relaxer, and most of all great for feeling good!!! :D

I'm used to big communal steam rooms / saunas... and I don't get what all these men only saunas here are about... (as a girl anyway!) I also don't like the tiny, one person cell-like steam rooms that cost 200 B for 15 minutes!

I just joined Relax-Land... It has a promotion - costs 890 B a month, but you have to join for 3 months.

It's got a sauna and steam room (not working at the moment) but the sauna was the best I've ever had! Made in Finland - it's the real deal, and seemed brand new!

You also get the use of the gym (brand spanking new equipment) with a personal trainer, a great pool, and if you want massages upstairs, in a great setting (200 B for a Thai massage / 800 for aromatherapy).

The service is impeccible - I was given ginger tea and fresh fruit after my sauna, and everything is pristine. Apparently the guy who owns it also runs one of the gay saunas...

man, for those kinda prices, I would want the Lennon Sisters singing to me...

Thats sounds vasty expensive for my budget!

man, for those kinda prices, I would want the Lennon Sisters singing to me...

Thats sounds vasty expensive for my budget!

I don't think the Lennon Sisters sing there... thank goodness, or I would never have joined up! lol

I agree that the aromatherapy massages are overpriced... but in terms of just going to use the steam/sauna, pool or gym... you only have to go a few times to get your money's worth.

And, in real world money that's the equivalent of $30 AUD / 15 quid a month - there's no health club on either side of the world that you could join for that price! Certainly not one whe level of service and ambience as this one!

I don't mean to offend, I've just been back to Sydney for a while - so am used to paying a lot - for everything! And to me, for what you get, it seems really reasonably priced.

Hey, no offense taken...

But I would just wanna use the steam room, which you said was broken and not working..( I have found that in all the cases of a gym setting, the're always broken..)

So the frills of a pool, weight machines, aroma therapy, tea, and a smile is not what I'm looking for..

:o

Hey, no offense taken...

But I would just wanna use the steam room, which you said was broken and not working..( I have found that in all the cases of a gym setting, the're always broken..)

So the frills of a pool, weight machines, aroma therapy, tea, and a smile is not what I'm looking for..

:o

Duangtawon Centara Hotel - dry sauna, steam sauna + jacuzzi + gym + outdoor pool.

Although I haven't been to this sauna for over 2 months because I was away, I have gone to "Grand Baiteuy Place" about 3 times. They have a large sauna room , thai herb steam room and a small gym. They even have a mini pool filled with somewhat cold (no freezing) water you can "jump into" to cool you off. They provide unlimited free water and fresh watermelon. You can stay there all day and it cost only 120b. This is a Thai establishment and they don't speak English. The brochure is written with a mix of Thai and English but unfortunately the address and map are only in Thai. I am planning to go there soon and will post their address.

Ahhh, hurrah! The steam room at Relax-Land was working today! And how good was it!!! :o Happy days!

As a bit of a steam / sauna addict I sometimes travel miles, and have even crossed countries to go to one. My observation is that the sauna will work fine, but the steam room will nearly always be broken or not working...!!!

All over the world - this seems to occur!!! What's up with steam rooms?