Cert'd Translation Needed Of Thai Marriage Cert

Dave the Dude

Hi

I have recently been informed by my UK pension provider that they need a certified & translated copy of my Thai Marriage certificate. They do not understand that Banks or Embassies dont provide this service over here, so my only option (that I can think off) is to have a long(&costly) trip to BKK from Surin. If I use one of the establishments near to the British Embassy, there is still no telling if this will be acceptable but I am at a lost as to how to get this very important task done.

Any experts out there who can suggest a good 'work round' or have successfuly done this before? :D

Your guidance would be appreciated :o

:D

Dave (being serious for a change)

DAVE

There is one i use in buriram it's the travel agent shop in the square where speed disco is located just getting 2 copy's done at the minute of my daughters birth certificate .I have used these several times in the past and there spot on 400bht per translation.You will have to wait a couple of days and they ring you when it's ready.No trip to bkk required but maybe there are others closer to home for you.

Hope this help's

Rob

If it's any help I had my daughter's Thai birth certificate translated into English at an English language school in Khon Kaen. It was done by the girl on their reception in about half an hour. She stamped "certified translation" in red on it, but I don't know whether she really had the authority to do that. I then used it to get UK and Australian citizenship and passports for my Thai-born daughter with no problems at all. So maybe you don't need to go to Bangkok after all....

cheers

Wontok

DAVE

There is one i use in buriram it's the travel agent shop in the square where speed disco is located just getting 2 copy's done at the minute of my daughters birth certificate .I have used these several times in the past and there spot on 400bht per translation.You will have to wait a couple of days and they ring you when it's ready.No trip to bkk required but maybe there are others closer to home for you.

Hope this help's

Rob

Here in Kalasin I had a friends Marriage Papers Translated and Certified by a local lawyer for 400 baht... He did it in two hours .... He needed them for Visa to Oz for his Thai wife...

Pianoman

we did our in Bangkok, as we had to translated by a certified person also get it certified by the ministry of exterior. the translation was cheap but the official stamp was for 1300Baht i guess.

There are several kinds of translation.

Unfortunately, some embassies or companies need a "notarization" of the translation. Verify with your pension provider if you need it. It's probably better in your case not to take any chances.

You should be able to find a translator English/Thai for 300-500 baht per page. We have an office in Nakhorn Ratchasima and Khon Kaen. Documents can be send by email, and when the work is done, we can post everything to you, for example.

Translation is cheaper in Bangkok as agencies over there have a lot of volume. Price is more 300 baht in BKK.

If you need the stamp of a notary (it's a lawyer in Thailand with a special power), I've seen prices from 300 to 4000 baht per page or document. We can also provide you this service for 500 baht/stamp. For a notarial stamp, the person must be present, and the lawyer will attest that it is his/her signature and that the documents/translation is an accurate copy of the original.

In some rare occasions, like if you want to get married in Thailand, you will need a notarization from the Ministery of foreign affair (MFA), that's in BKK. Cost is 200 baht per document, 400 for express service. The MFA is near Mo Chit bus station (100 baht in taxi).

Hi

Just a quick 'thank you' to the posters so far, it is appreciated.

Dave

I had this done several years ago by a translation agency in Khon Kaen, which then arranged to obtain the Ministry stamp in Bangkok by post and returned the whole thing to me. I don't know the exact cost because a friend paid in exchange for other services rendered, but I think it was less than 1500baht for about three documents, done together. I have used the marriage certificate translation successfully in several official applications for visas and so on.