Phone Calls From Bkk To Philippines

johnfb

Help !!...my gf who is from the Phils is calling the Philippines quite often....it's costing a fortune using her mobile and one to call cards. Is there a cheaper way to call from Bangkok to another mobile number in the Philippines ??

Thanks.

I have a friend who regularly calls her bf in the UK. She goes to the 7/11 and purchases a Hatari phone card which gives her cheap minutes. They say on their web site (i did try and look for you) that you can call 60 countries, but their web site is cr*p and doesnt specify which countries you can call from TH. For a 300 Baht calling card may be worth checking out though?

Hope that helps :o

I have a friend who regularly calls her bf in the UK. She goes to the 7/11 and purchases a Hatari phone card which gives her cheap minutes. They say on their web site (i did try and look for you) that you can call 60 countries, but their web site is cr*p and doesnt specify which countries you can call from TH. For a 300 Baht calling card may be worth checking out though?

Hope that helps :o

Thank you, that was very kind of you to try and find this out for me.

if you have a computer at home than she can use voipdiscount.com (even while you do any other worj on the computer)

to philipines it's euro 0.167 mobile and .10 landline

she can ask her family to call her on thai mobile or landline free through this same system

JohnBF, I use a lot of int'l sms and chose DTAC. I assume that's relevant for the sms-crazy filipinos?

DTAC charge 5bt per sms worldwide, which I believe is half the normal price. So if you can limit your GF to 5 sms a day to Philip that would limit it to 750 baht a month or 25 baht a day. She can tell her friends to send more, it's free to receive :o

Good luck mate.

http://www.dtac.co.th/eng/services/interse...ervice_sms.html

There are lot of private cards are on sale in the market.

Also if you prefer to use VOIP and any other similar services, you can make cheap calls and free SMS.

For example, VOIPRAIDER.com charges just 10 US Cents per minute to Philippines. Even you can make phone to phone calls using voipraider.

And SMS is free if you buy 10 Euro credit which is for 4 months.

If you go for tpad.com, you can make cheap calls world wide even from the normal phone like a calling card.

i'm a Filipino and i call my gf and family in Phils on a regular basis.

i've given up looking for a cheap card.

i've invested instead in getting my family hooked up on the internet so we can have free unlimited calls (with video) anytime we want.