American Tourist Visa 4 Thai

One of my young gal friends asked me recently what she needed to get a tourist visa for America. I gave her the basics of what paperwork is required and that there is an interview for all visas. Also, that it wasn't too easy for a young single Thai gal to get one. I couldn't give her to many more specifics as I have never applied to take a gal back with me for a visit. She is 23 and a uni-student in Bangkok. She doesn't have allot of money in the bank or a business in Thailand or anything like that but she does own a piece of raw land (about 100 tw) up-country.

She presents very well and speaks, reads, and writes English fairly well. Would she have any chance of getting a tourist visa to America? I would be traveling with her...would that make an difference (we're not married). What types of questions do they ask in the interview?

Thanks for any advice.

Probably the most common refusal by the septics is on the basis that the applicant has "insufficient ties".

The system they operate is determined by an underlying principle enshrined in legislation which views every visa applicant as a permanent migrant unless they can demonstrate otherwise. There is no even balance to the scale they set, unlike the British model;the applicant begins at the bottom and must climb the mountain before the visa officer can be persuaded.

Nevertheless, it can be a subjective exercise and if the visa officer is satisfied that your relationship is genuine and you are anchored in Thailand he may well conclude that your girlfriend has excellent prospects in her own country sufficient for him to apply the test in her favour.

You never know, she may succeed.

I posted this exact same question a while back, "is owning a house enough to show sufficient ties?" and the general consensus was "no." my girl on the other hand doesn't have a good job or a lot in the bank, but she does have land, i guess similar to your's.

I've noticed some posts where successful girls have been able to get their visa with little assetts when the boyfriend or husband was working permanently in thailand. I'm thinking of applying for one this summer when i have 2 month internship with a Phnom Penh NGO, for say a 5 day visit in the middle of the two months (do i have to pay for the ticket before the application?) to show that I at least have to go back to SE Asia. I know it's not perfect and probably won't work, but is there any harm in trying? jstumbo, you seem to know these things, does a refusal for a tourist visa get put in her record or is each application viewed with virgin eyes?

Edited by RY12

• 2 weeks later...

What are the rquirements?

I have went to the site and the only thing I found was the application form DS 156

The actual requirements won't open.

I did note a sucurity clearnace but no info on what that is adn how it is to be onbtained?

Any Health requirement on a visitor visa?