Just Been Robbed

Just been robbed,

Have heard of people being robbed in the area but have been lucky so far.

I live opposite BBC restaurant in Big Buddha.

Well it's a long story as I am not in Samui just now and 2 of my friends were holidaying at my house and just got home at 11pm last night after dinner and found the house was robbed, I just got their email.

Seems the robbers stole their new Mac laptop, all credit cards, a couple of thousand dollars in cash between them as they had been traveling Europe, Australia and Middle east.

Strange part was there was no forced entry, my friends said they locked the house, but did they really remember too? There are so many down stair doors to lock, only possibility is that someone climbed a tree to the 4d floor of the house balcony, when my friends got home every door in the house was wide open, possibly for a quick getaway in all directions, a cigarette was smoldering in the ash tray down stairs by the pool, probably the look out guy.

My friends called the police the next day and were even reluctant to do so as they knew nothing would be done, strange how non locals know the police story in Thailand, police started going through my stuff and asking about my prescription tablets.

Anyway now that the police know where I am and the robbers know too, its time to spend a few hundred thousand baht on a security system that will deter both parties.

Does anyone know a security company that installs laser and infra red alarms and cameras on Samui?? There seems to be plenty advertised in Phuket and Pattaya.

Now that might just be a good business to start in Samui - Security Alarms and Cameras, Installations

i use bsmart security in bang po. i have securtiy camera online 4 of them one of them i cam zoom in and out.

they do alarms also. the onlyu problem i have is that when there is a power cut i have to maually switch on the computer. which is no good if i am not in.

can send u there number later if u need it i just don;t have my phone on me right now

infact if u r in england my mate brought his own alarm out it cost him 100 pounds and easy to set up. rarther than 29 000 baht here

Just been robbed,

[/size]

Have heard of people being robbed in the area but have been lucky so far.

I live opposite BBC restaurant in Big Buddha.

Well it's a long story as I am not in Samui just now and 2 of my friends were holidaying at my house and just got home at 11pm last night after dinner and found the house was robbed, I just got their email.

Seems the robbers stole their new Mac laptop, all credit cards, a couple of thousand dollars in cash between them as they had been traveling Europe, Australia and Middle east.

Strange part was there was no forced entry, my friends said they locked the house, but did they really remember too? There are so many down stair doors to lock, only possibility is that someone climbed a tree to the 4d floor of the house balcony, when my friends got home every door in the house was wide open, possibly for a quick getaway in all directions, a cigarette was smoldering in the ash tray down stairs by the pool, probably the look out guy.

My friends called the police the next day and were even reluctant to do so as they knew nothing would be done, strange how non locals know the police story in Thailand, police started going through my stuff and asking about my prescription tablets.

Anyway now that the police know where I am and the robbers know too, its time to spend a few hundred thousand baht on a security system that will deter both parties.

Does anyone know a security company that installs laser and infra red alarms and cameras on Samui?? There seems to be plenty advertised in Phuket and Pattaya.

Now that might just be a good business to start in Samui - Security Alarms and Cameras, Installations

i was broken into before. but i had no way of getting back to sorte things out. so i called the dog farther in maneam who specalises in guard dog training.

he was quite good. they did swoops round my house every few hours with guard dogs.

again pm me if u want his number. he is ex forces so he know his business been here along time speaks thai and jas knowldge of the island and its politics.

Change the locks on all entrance doors could be someone made a copy of a key at some stage.

Fit dead bolts.

Beef up the physical security of the premises.

Then install alarms and cameras

i use bsmart security in bang po. i have securtiy camera online 4 of them one of them i cam zoom in and out.

they do alarms also. the onlyu problem i have is that when there is a power cut i have to maually switch on the computer. which is no good if i am not in.

can send u there number later if u need it i just don;t have my phone on me right now

infact if u r in england my mate brought his own alarm out it cost him 100 pounds and easy to set up. rarther than 29 000 baht here

Big C

just wondering how generally people react to alarms on samui ?. I would guess police do not attend on urgent basis so robbers have plenty of time to get away. Cameras on the other hand are prone to power outages etc I would guess

I don't know if alarms are the answer.

About 3 months ago our next door neighbour was robbed. They forced open my back door but could not get past the security gate inside.

For 3 weeks next door had various workmen fitting an alarm system, PIR lights etc. A few weeks ago they were robbed again, we weren't. At night we have sliding metal gates inside the front and back doors, seems to do the trick.

Of course your friends aren't going to admit that they forgot to lock the doors, that would invalidate their travel insurance, as well as incurring your wrath.

Has the place ever been robbed when you were living there, or when it was standing empty?

Big C

just wondering how generally people react to alarms on samui ?. I would guess police do not attend on urgent basis so robbers have plenty of time to get away. Cameras on the other hand are prone to power outages etc I would guess

i agrea people really need someone to manage thier property while they are away. alot of all this technology is good if u r already in the house but then burglers probably won't attack while u r in.

i dunno i just reckon that the harder u make it for them the more likely they will try somewhere else. number one thing is to have good locks on your doors and windows

i agrea people really need someone to manage thier property while they are away. alot of all this technology is good if u r already in the house but then burglers probably won't attack while u r in.

i dunno i just reckon that the harder u make it for them the more likely they will try somewhere else. number one thing is to have good locks on your doors and windows

indeed believe a combination of both best. Also think to some extent that alarms give impression you have alot inside anyhow, which can work against you.Agree on locks and windows for sure. Now a days tvs and stereos etc are pretty cheap luckily ,so less attractive to get over a wall.

and tvs and sterios are heavy. i have been broken into 3 times. they normally took things that they could carry easy aprt from the motor bike that was probably thier get away vechele. i did how ever catch some. they were dressed as builders. had them on my camera gave them to the police but nothing has been done after that.

the burglers seem to attack around the same time. this must mean they have the house under servellence before hand. which is why i am very weary of people walking around my land hunting for geckos and walking buffalows collecting cocanuts. might be just me being paranoid but i am not paranoid if i am wright. so i canot be wrong becuase if i was wrong i could have been wright which means i am never wrong kao jai mai khrup chicken do u like chicken. !!!

About 3 months ago our next door neighbour was robbed. They forced open my back door but could not get past the security gate inside.

For 3 weeks next door had various workmen fitting an alarm system, PIR lights etc. A few weeks ago they were robbed again, we weren't. At night we have sliding metal gates inside the front and back doors, seems to do the trick.

Of course your friends aren't going to admit that they forgot to lock the doors, that would invalidate their travel insurance, as well as incurring your wrath.

Has the place ever been robbed when you were living there, or when it was standing empty?

I would suspect that if your neighbour had loud alarms these would scare the would be robbers, only problem is that the alarms that i know of wake the whole neighbourhood and surrounding districts, do you think the robbers would still just carry on if sirens were blowing and lights were flashing?

My place has never been robbed ever, its been empty for 2 years and lived in for 3 years. I guess know that they go quite a big haul of cash from my friends, they will expect it again, so i know theyll be back after the cooling down stage.

Yes BigC I know the DogFather thats where my Dogs were during the robbery, but i did not know he did security, my dogs are small shitzus i wonder if they were home whether they would have killed them or stole them also.

Sounds like Bsmart in Bang po might be the go. thanks everybody, ill let you know what type and if the security i got was ok, ohh by the way when the police came they offered to look after my house for 500 baht / week wonder how that works??????

I would suspect that if your neighbour had loud alarms these would scare the would be robbers, only problem is that the alarms that i know of wake the whole neighbourhood and surrounding districts, do you think the robbers would still just carry on if sirens were blowing and lights were flashing?

My place has never been robbed ever, its been empty for 2 years and lived in for 3 years. I guess know that they go quite a big haul of cash from my friends, they will expect it again, so i know theyll be back after the cooling down stage.

yeah if u have a loud alarm at least it would give the burglers a head ache.

Yes BigC I know the DogFather thats where my Dogs were during the robbery, but i did not know he did security, my dogs are small shitzus i wonder if they were home whether they would have killed them or stole them also.

Sounds like Bsmart in Bang po might be the go. thanks everybody, ill let you know what type and if the security i got was ok, ohh by the way when the police came they offered to look after my house for 500 baht / week wonder how that works??????

the police thing works.

you leave abox out side your house. marked police box.

the police come round every few hours and sign the book with the time and date.

infact have that service i find the best becuase who wants to burgle a house with police sniffing round it. burglers normal have each house under servellence before they smash it. so like i say the harder u make it for them the more likey they are going to do some other poor git

Alarms are not a great solution- what did you think the last time you heard a car or house alarm- that someone was being robbed or that someone had set their alarm off by mistake? Did you call the police?

Alarms would certainly startle thieves and alert immediate neighbors (if they're home), but for the most part they're ineffective.

Your best line of defense is a dog (not necessarly a biter or trained attack dog, but a barker- even a small one).

Edited by OnTheSnap

who knows i knew a burgler who would not go in a house if it had a radio on.

if u really want to protect your propety then i touch of everything is good.

alarm with motion senser cctv camera for recording for a later date. guard dog which will walk past the motion senser light when he see's something which will also trigger off the recording of the camer under the light.

u can be quite inventive with securing a house.

would like some more ideas if anyone has got any. problem is my house is so secure that i can;t get out now i am stuck on thaivisa 24/7 and my dog thinks i am a theif and want to eat me raaar

would like some more ideas if anyone has got any. problem is my house is so secure that i can;t get out now i am stuck on thaivisa 24/7 and my dog thinks i am a theif and want to eat me raaar

Haha BigC your sooooo funny.

Anyway so this is what will have done. Ill let you know the cost when the quote comes in.

I will be getting this through CHUBB if they get their act together soon.

Changing all locks on all doors, as someone said on here previous people could have had keys, might be ex cleaners or house guests etc etc.

Automatic triple dual flood lights - at the front door and carport - at the pool back door - at the rear kitchen door all with CCT Cameras.

Sound - glass smashing sensors in the downstairs laundry and gym.

Motion sensors in the down stairs laundry and gym at the bottom stairwell, 1st level stairwell and 2nd level bedroom stairwell entrances and front door and balconys.

If the sensors are tripped sirens inside and outside the house with strobe flashing lights on the roof will set off and hopefully the whole house will look and sound like a circus. and if your in Maenam you should see and hear it, I guess I wont be popular with Mark at the BBC if there are attempted robberys nightly.

Surely the robbers will run.

Are the theives here sofisticated enough to find the power box and cut the wires, if so all of the above is useless yes?

Then I just need a Rotty much cheaper

that must be why i ain't been burglered in a while my wife don;t stop screaming lol

:D So, that's what the C is for, now I understand. :D:o

yes the C has many advantages and the big C has many disadvangtages lol

Solid Iron Bar Doors, Windows, for valuables a good safe, for larger things a good locker room, basement... managed for many years, anything which causes loud noises to get in a place, unless it is in a remote location, will keep any burglar attempt at bay!

Who feeds the dogs if one is on holidays... the neighbors...? Then the dogs will get used to them...

Had the police-box system too... not too reliable, in bad weather... if they're "busy"... sometimes didn't show up at all!

cctv cams are o.k. but with this one knows AFTER it happened, prevention does the miracle!

the police thing works.

infact have that service i find the best becuase who wants to burgle a house with police sniffing round it. burglers normal have each house under servellence before they smash it. so like i say the harder u make it for them the more likey they are going to do some other poor git

Well that Police Box has been suggested to us after we were robbed 2 times in 3 days.

I do not trust in the presence of a police box. I checked some boxes (as they have a booklet in it, which shows the time of the checks). Some checks were as early as 4 pm...so that makes no sense.

And be sure, that intruders keep one guy outside to watch for the approaching police patrol. Maybe a combination of box and alarm will do the thing, but we moved to a condo....

Rgds

Moo9

the police thing works.

Well that Police Box has been suggested to us after we were robbed 2 times in 3 days.

I do not trust in the presence of a police box. I checked some boxes (as they have a booklet in it, which shows the time of the checks). Some checks were as early as 4 pm...so that makes no sense.

And be sure, that intruders keep one guy outside to watch for the approaching police patrol. Maybe a combination of box and alarm will do the thing, but we moved to a condo....

Rgds

Moo9

my friend does a patrol service and has a liscened fire arm with trained guard dogs. normally takes care of people hows while they are away. he is not cheap though.

he does patrols alswell