Royal Garden Food Court Adds 10% Service Charge

gguy

I was shopping at the Royal Garden and decided to get a slice of pizza.

I noticed the price climbed from 50 B to 60 B. Food inflation????????

When I paid my bill at the counter, they charged me 66B.

I noted on the ticket a 10% service charge. I did not get any service. I carried my pizza slice myself.

The charge must have been instituted in a past six months. At the entrance, I saw no warning of the service charge.

I will never go back.

Used to be good but gave up the joint when they change the top floor food format about...5 years ago... maybe..........better dumps ...ooops.....select ranh-ahans about town to manger (a) in.... :o

I was shopping at the Royal Garden and decided to get a slice of pizza.

I noticed the price climbed from 50 B to 60 B. Food inflation????????

When I paid my bill at the counter, they charged me 66B.

I noted on the ticket a 10% service charge. I did not get any service. I carried my pizza slice myself.

The charge must have been instituted in a past six months. At the entrance, I saw no warning of the service charge.

I will never go back.

They have always had the 10% service charge.

Barry

That food court was really good when it was on the 3rd floor. I guess they created some more retail space by

moving it up to the 4th floor but everythings overpriced now and you can see for yourself the thais never eat

there unless it's being paid for by a farang, they go over to soi post office and eat.

Having a simple restaurant area where people can sit down and choose from a variety of foods(reasonably priced)

seems like such a simple concept and it provides a massive draw of customers to the shopping center. But so few

places do this? Carrefour does and you see how wildly successful it is paying off for them.

i'm still confused why bob's tex-mex place didn't take off there? they still have signs up over that stall

saying under renovation? they get such hordes of people in that food court, it would almost appear you

could sell any type of food? i see that italian place selling pizza is busy even with thais? :o

Was Forced to eat there once - the bar is understaffed when busy resulting in screwed up drinks - poor service - over priced - never visit again.

I also had a curry - OK but nothing special.

About 6 months ago the prices went up 10% and the service charge doubled from 5% to 10%. At the sane time quality of food decreased and service is (or was before I gave up going there) terrible.

If you think the food court is bad, try heading over to the S&P joint. They advertise a 100 baht fish for dinner and then bring the 600 baht tab to the table and make a claim that the fish is 100 baht per kilo, not 100 baht per serving. A real marketing mess. I will never eat at the S&P again. A terrible rip off!!

If you think the food court is bad, try heading over to the S&P joint. They advertise a 100 baht fish for dinner and then bring the 600 baht tab to the table and make a claim that the fish is 100 baht per kilo, not 100 baht per serving. A real marketing mess. I will never eat at the S&P again. A terrible rip off!!

But at least you could eat SIX KILOGRAMS of fish for just 600 baht! Is that a rip off?

Are you sure you didn't mean "100 baht per 100 GRAMS"?

100 grams is a quite common weight in Thailand, they call it "keet". "Neung keet" is 100 grams.

Yes, I meant 6 grams, NOT KILOGRAMS. But the menu is very confusing because it shows a photgraph of a fish and then it shows a price of 100 baht. There is no mention of 100 baht per gram on the menu. So, it is not clear to the consumer that they will be charged 600 baht when the check arrives. I think they should mark their menu with "Our fish is Market Price" which means that the person can expect to pay based on the weight of the fish and the daily market rate per gram. This would clear up the confusion on the menu. As it now stands, the menu only indicates that the fish is 100 baht. Similar to seeing a photograph of a steak with a price of 100 baht next to it. One would think that the steak is 100 baht, not some market price.

i have to laugh. everyone ate here in the old days - then they went upstairs and upmarket. i have yet to even eat in the place and never will. looks like overpriced farang food and westernized thai crappola. BLEch!