Thiefs On Bus

My friend just arrived with a vip bus from bkk, and he left some thousand euro in the bag. The funny thing we told him before dont leave any money in the bag, because that Vip bus company like to keep some young guys in the bag area while the trip to check out the customers bags.

When they arrive to suratthani he checked the bag, and 1200 Euro was missing, so he started to complain and taking photographs of the bus, the driver, the boss, and after 10 minutes of complaining they give back the money..............

This guy looks scary, many tattos big body, but dont let the chance for the thieves in your case next time..

BE AWARE OF LEAVE MONEY, LAPTOP, CAMERA in your luggage if you travel with VIP Bus.

My friend just arrived with a vip bus from bkk, and he left some thousand euro in the bag. The funny thing we told him before dont leave any money in the bag, because that Vip bus company like to keep some young guys in the bag area while the trip to check out the customers bags.

When they arrive to suratthani he checked the bag, and 1200 Euro was missing, so he started to complain and taking photographs of the bus, the driver, the boss, and after 10 minutes of complaining they give back the money..............

This guy looks scary, many tattos big body, but dont let the chance for the thieves in your case next time..

BE AWARE OF LEAVE MONEY, LAPTOP, CAMERA in your luggage if you travel with VIP Bus.

To Koh Pha Ngan or Koh Samui ? :o

why carry so much cash??? i never understand some people...

If you are coming to Thailand, always bring Travelers Chq's, Credit Card and prepare your self with 'enough ' cash should you be traveling to an area where you cannot cash travelers chq's or use an ATM.

Khao San road bus from the sounds of it. From what I have heard it doesn't matter which bus company you take, if it is one of those cheap buses to Khao San road or from Khao San road, chances are stuff will get stolen.

why carry so much cash??? i never understand some people...

If you are coming to Thailand, always bring Travelers Chq's, Credit Card and prepare your self with 'enough ' cash should you be traveling to an area where you cannot cash travelers chq's or use an ATM.

Yes, usually he have only some hundred baht in cash in his pocket, but he moved permanently to Thailand and because of tax reasons he bring his money in cash.

To Koh Pha Ngan or Koh Samui ? :o

To Samui, but this VIP bus company runs from Phangan too... (450 Baht to BKK)

Yes Khaosan style, but i'm not gonna name them because of privacy and terms reasons...

Over the years, geraz, I have heard of numerous people getting robbed on these buses. It won't matter to name the company since they are all pretty much the same (and I've always wondered if they are the same). I tend to warn people who take any of these buses, regardless of the company.

Over the years, geraz, I have heard of numerous people getting robbed on these buses. It won't matter to name the company since they are all pretty much the same (and I've always wondered if they are the same). I tend to warn people who take any of these buses, regardless of the company.

Well, if the super admin ask it, i would say: Songserm or Sangsom :o

Songserm is the boat company. Was the money taken out of his bag on the bus from Bangkok or on the bus that leaves Surat Thani for the pier (it is this bus that would have the name Songserm on it) ?

Songserm is the boat company. Was the money taken out of his bag on the bus from Bangkok or on the bus that leaves Surat Thani for the pier (it is this bus that would have the name Songserm on it) ?

The origin of this thing comes from a person who works for them before and he warned us because my other friend goes from phangan to bkk, and we knew this company has problems.

The funny thing we warned my friend about this company like to do this, and he forgot to take out the money and all of the 10 hour trip from bkk to surat he scared about his money in the bus :o

When they arrived the first thing was to check the money is there, but it wasnt there, so they was able to start complaining and somehow they "found" the money.

I think this company use someone's buses as a joint ticket to take them to bkk from phangan or samui. So thats why i called songserm...

It is a joint ticket but I do not believe Songserm owns the buses. I believe all the buses out of Khao San road use the Songserm boat as they can get the cheaper deal on the ticket with them.

:o Your friend was unbelievably lucky !

...good thing he had a camera.... :D

LaoPo

LaoPo:

Your friend was unbelievably lucky !

Lucky?

geraz:

Yes, usually he have only some hundred baht in cash in his pocket, but he moved permanently to Thailand and because of tax reasons he bring his money in cash.

Your friend is a moron.

Who on earth puts that much money in a bag in any country? And moving to Thailand permanently with only 1,200 euros? And what tax reasons prevents you from buying travelers' checks?

I agree with Boater, I can't understand the stupidity of some people. There should be an IQ test before issuing a passport.

(This is not a flame. It is a statement of fact. Anyone who gets on a bus from Bangkok to here and puts the equivalent of 60,000 baht in his bag is either a complete rube or simply stupid.)

It is a joint ticket but I do not believe Songserm owns the buses. I believe all the buses out of Khao San road use the Songserm boat as they can get the cheaper deal on the ticket with them.

I will ask for the photo of the bus...

LaoPo:
Your friend was unbelievably lucky !

Lucky?

geraz:

Your friend is a moron.

Who on earth puts that much money in a bag in any country? And moving to Thailand permanently with only 1,200 euros? And what tax reasons prevents you from buying travelers' checks?

I agree with Boater, I can't understand the stupidity of some people. There should be an IQ test before issuing a passport.

(This is not a flame. It is a statement of fact. Anyone who gets on a bus from Bangkok to here and puts the equivalent of 60,000 baht in his bag is either a complete rube or simply stupid.)

Well, no words from my side also, but the fact is fact :o

The reason why he forget the money in the bag is not about he is a moron, he had some very heavy days in pattaya before and he was exhausted and tired i think.......

Anyway its a good lesson for every innocent farang...

Yes it does have ATMs but they charge and bank accounts aren't actually that easy to set up. I had quite a large amount of money on me when I first got here as I was hoping not to have to deal with ATM fees for a bit and it all got stolen from me when I was asleep on the bus from Bangkok. I went to sleep clutching my bag and they still managed it.

Bank accounts are easy to set up here, took me about half an hour. Bangkok bank even has special accounts for tourists. If you are from England set up a nationwide account before you come here and you get free ATM use.

The reason why he forget the money in the bag is not about he is a moron, he had some very heavy days in pattaya before and he was exhausted and tired i think.......

Please....what sort of an excuse is this?

You might as well start a thread: BEWARE! Don't stick your Dhick in a fan!

I cant see him just being tired. he has to be a little stupd! why would you travel another 3 odd hurs on a coach to then sail north to samui? why not get off at Chumphon and get on the ferry there to Koh Tao, KPG or Samui. And travelers cheques are easily available and safe. Loose them and they get replaced. On a more serious note, All these buses seem to have problems. If you put your bag into the luggage compartment then loose something it has to be an employee so why is nothing done about it by the bus compaies. I know Seatran have told their bus comany they use that the next loss of anything from the bus on route and they loose the contract immediatley. Lets see more companys do the same!!!!

The reason why i post this topic is not to let blame my friend by very smart people like Mark, just want to warn people who dont have experience how the things works here.

Please close the topic or finish to blame my friend, he is a very good guy...................

That's the whole irony about the bank accounts for tourists. If people have brought cash and they're

turned away at the bank, often they do resort to just carrying it around but it's a ticking time bomb.

Someone will notice where your stash is and take it, and the thais are world champions at this. :o

The traveller's checks are a much better idea if you have the prescense of mind to do that.

The reason why i post this topic is not to let blame my friend by very smart people like Mark, just want to warn people who dont have experience how the things works here.

Please close the topic or finish to blame my friend, he is a very good guy...................

I'm completely agree with you! You warn all the people about the theft and it's already very good! Thanx my friend :o

Indeed, it is unnecessary to insult someone--not everyone reads ThaiVisa so not everyone is aware of all their options. :o

If all we can do is find ways to insult the OP's friend then I will follow his request and close the topic. The warning has been given.

while we are on the topic- PP Family Tours in Krabi are the worst offenders! they intentionally missed a ferry connection (headed to phangan) by driving at like 10mph so the thieves had time to steal from the bags. many people complained to the police about them, police don't care (backhanders). i even wrote a letter to the english newspapers and they all refused to print it. big, long perpetrated scam.

Indeed, it is unnecessary to insult someone--not everyone reads ThaiVisa so not everyone is aware of all their options. :o

If all we can do is find ways to insult the OP's friend then I will follow his request and close the topic. The warning has been given.

I'm not sure if calling a spade a spade is actually an insult.

I use small bells on my bag. Keep the bells quiet until you are ready to leave the bag for a while and then place the bells on the bag. People don't expect this low-tech solution and unless the bag isn't near you, you will be instantly alerted if someone attempts to disturb it.

sounds like commonsense is needed