Getting Married And Going To Uk

Before they had even met, my UK friend and a Thai girl had agreed to get married in his 2 week stay here, they have talked and web-cammed each other for near 5 hours a day prior to meeting, for about 3 months, They came to see us in Namsom last weekend, I havent seen my mate so happy for a long time, she was happy too, and had a good chat with my Mrs, They flew to BKK Monday to get married Tuesday, my mate called me and said its all gone wrong as usual, shes still married!!,

It transpries on her ID card she is MRS----- ----- ,, apparantley she had a "Buisness Marriage" when she was young [now 31] my mrs says same same, buisness,normal ect,,

This girl hasnt seen her husband for over 3 years, and has no kids, she automatically thought the marriage would be written off, but not so! He wanted to take her to UK on a marriage/settelment visa,but not to be,,

He tells me he still loves her and dosent want to be apart to long, I suggested getting her a visitor visa for the UK, but hes adamant he wants a fiancee visa for her, Surely her records will show she is still married, and a fiancee visa is out of the question?

Thanks for all advice on this, i want to see my old mate happy, Cheers, Lickey.

......sort of sinsod in reverse....!! :o Nah sorry guys to always be negative ,....I know you can lose it in translation and distance etc,.....but really,.....Preparation?.........what happened to preparation?.....its not as if it early 80's or 90's when Thailand was a learning curve,.......come on guys give me a day off !

Edited by dee123

In this case it was her lacked the preperation, she agreed to get maried, shes an upper school teacher and her parents are both retired head teachers, so nobody can say they lack in intelligence in the family, they must know that once married in Thai you cant get married again, but to keep things straight and easy and consience free, its best to be divorced,

Mate and famliy are going to see a solictor in Udon tomorrow and try to sort things out,

• 2 weeks later...

The quickest way I see is she can file for divorce on grounds of separation. That may go quicker if she has at least one copy of the marriage certificate. They have to post the petition publicly, including mailing a copy to her husbands last known address. If there's no response, then you can proceed. But it may take a month and as sure as a ducks arse is watertight, if her husband responds, there will be 'complications'.