Landlord Charges

Larryst

I just moved and rented a condo. For a 3 month lease. So I paid the 3 months in advance and a deposit of 7,000 baht. I had TT&T hooked up with a phone line so I could get Internet service. The landlord called me today and said we have to work out a new lease. Because I have a phone line now. He says he is responsible for the phone line. I signed up for the service with TT&T. Gave copies of my passport & visa info and the service is in my name. He said the line is connected to his room and he would get charged if I leave. Has anyone ever heard about it? He didn't sign any contract with TT&T. So how could he get charged for my service?

I,m no expert but i believe he,s thinking about the 12 month contract that you will have entered with TT&T ,so if you leave he has to pay the line rental at least until it expires, i,m with TT&T & from my bills they charge 130 baht a month for standing charges so if you do leave this is all that legally as to be paid, any calls would be from some one else if you are not there. offer him 9 months line rental upfront signed returnable if you stay the full 12 months seems silly to go through changing the lease terms.

Is he trying to break the lease before it expires, because that is what it sounds like.

He cannot demand a new lease in this way.

If the phone service is in your name you are responsible, not him.

I agree with Mali 9 x line rental is the best he can expect.

I just moved and rented a condo. For a 3 month lease. So I paid the 3 months in advance and a deposit of 7,000 baht. I had TT&T hooked up with a phone line so I could get Internet service. The landlord called me today and said we have to work out a new lease. Because I have a phone line now. He says he is responsible for the phone line. I signed up for the service with TT&T. Gave copies of my passport & visa info and the service is in my name. He said the line is connected to his room and he would get charged if I leave. Has anyone ever heard about it? He didn't sign any contract with TT&T. So how could he get charged for my service?

The monthly bill will be in the landlords name as the condo is registered in their name ergo they are responsible for all the bills!

Easy! You paid a 7,000Baht deposit. Write a one paragraph addendum to your original agreement specifying that the telephone bill is to be included along with what ever is originally covered by the deposit. Both paries sign it and have a beer