Helping A Friend Helping Thai Children With Recipes

happygirl

Hello Ladies.

A friend of mine is raising money to build a new school in North East Thailand. The school is in bad repair and will be re-built at an estimated cost of 1.2 million baht. To help raise the money, she is compiling a recipe book which she hopes to publish in time for Christmas 2008. She is looking for recipes from around the world, so the more variety the better the book.

Do any of you have any tried and tested recipes that you can donate please to this worthy cause.

Much appreciated.

Happygirl

Hello Ladies.

A friend of mine is raising money to build a new school in North East Thailand. The school is in bad repair and will be re-built at an estimated cost of 1.2 million baht. To help raise the money, she is compiling a recipe book which she hopes to publish in time for Christmas 2008. She is looking for recipes from around the world, so the more variety the better the book.

Do any of you have any tried and tested recipes that you can donate please to this worthy cause.

Much appreciated.

Happygirl

Here is a simple recipe which all my Thai and non-Thai friends love and ask me to make for any get-together:

Penne Putenesca

(the name has an interesting story in and of itself)

Heat water for the penne (you can use any pasta). Add salt and a spash of olive oil. Cook pasta as per the insturcitons on the package.)

The sauce:

olive oil

3 anchovy filets

1 large can roma tomatoes (other types can be substituted)

2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced

1 tablespoon capers

3 tablespoons kalmata or Italian olives, sliced

salt

pepper

optional items:

splash red wine

marinated artichoke hearts

1 tablespoon veal stock

2 red chiles (Thais like it with this)

fresh roma tomatoes

Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet and turn heat to high. When hot, place anchovy filets in skillet and melt them into a paste, stirring continually. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. If adding fresh tomatoes as an optional ingrediant, add them now and cook for one minute. Lower heat to medium

Take tomatoes in hand and crush over the skillet, dropping them in after. Add reserved juice from can. Stir. Add capers and olives. Add any other optional ingredients you might have decided to use. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring every minute or two. Salt and pepper to taste.

Drain cooked penne well. Add to skillet and stir in sauce. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Serve.

I make this with a green salad and garlic bread. The entire dish is easy and takes about 20 minutes, and it is a real favorite.

Hello Ladies.

Much appreciated.

Happygirl

Here is a simple recipe which all my Thai and non-Thai friends love and ask me to make for any get-together:

Penne Putenesca

(the name has an interesting story in and of itself)

Heat water for the penne (you can use any pasta). Add salt and a spash of olive oil. Cook pasta as per the insturcitons on the package.)

The sauce:

olive oil

3 anchovy filets

1 large can roma tomatoes (other types can be substituted)

2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced

1 tablespoon capers

3 tablespoons kalmata or Italian olives, sliced

salt

pepper

optional items:

splash red wine

marinated artichoke hearts

1 tablespoon veal stock

2 red chiles (Thais like it with this)

fresh roma tomatoes

Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet and turn heat to high. When hot, place anchovy filets in skillet and melt them into a paste, stirring continually. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute. If adding fresh tomatoes as an optional ingrediant, add them now and cook for one minute. Lower heat to medium

Take tomatoes in hand and crush over the skillet, dropping them in after. Add reserved juice from can. Stir. Add capers and olives. Add any other optional ingredients you might have decided to use. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring every minute or two. Salt and pepper to taste.

Drain cooked penne well. Add to skillet and stir in sauce. Cook for 1-2 minutes. Serve.

I make this with a green salad and garlic bread. The entire dish is easy and takes about 20 minutes, and it is a real favorite.

Thank you Bonobo, much appreciated.

Many more recipes still needed, so anyone else who would like to contribute, please do so. Please add your name and where you are, or the recipe's country of origin.

Happy girl.

Many more recipes still needed, so anyone else who would like to contribute, please do so. Please add your name and where you are, or the recipe's country of origin.

Happy girl.

OK. My real name is Jonathan. I live and work outside BKK, but my home is in San Diego. And the dish is from Naples (althought the optional ingredients are things which are not in the classic recipe but which I have found I like in it.)

Happy girl.

OK. My real name is Jonathan. I live and work outside BKK, but my home is in San Diego. And the dish is from Naples (althought the optional ingredients are things which are not in the classic recipe but which I have found I like in it.)

Thanks Jonathan. Everyone helps.