90 day renewal? - (non-b, 1year, multi)

Hello!

On entry, on my 1 year B-VISA multiple, I got a 90 day VISA stamp. I think they said (when stey stamped it) that I just could go to the immigation and get a new 90 day stamp. But I'm not sure. I think there's also something about reporting your address every 90 days. So...

- Can I just go to Immigations and get a new 90 day stamp? Or do I have to leave the country?

- Whats up with the 90 days address reporting? Can I do it at Immigations as well?

Thanx. / Erik

Erik -

If you received an initial 90 day entry permit upon arriving with a one-year Class B visa, then at the end of 90 days, you need to either do a visa run across the border to get a new 90 day entry permit, or apply for a short term extension (I think you can initially get a single 30 day extension, then a one week extension, and then you have to do a visa run) at Immigration HQ on Soi Suan Phlu.

If you want a long-term entry permit extension (the type that does not require a visa run every 90 days, and allows you to just report momentarily to Bangkok immigration every 90 days), then you need to be legally employed with a work permit.

Do you have a work permit?  If so, then my firm can assist you with getting an entry permit extension.  If not, you are basically going to have to do visa runs (or use a dodgy "express visa" service that sends your passport on a trip without you - not something I recommend).

Good luck.

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

[email protected]