Bangkok Apartment

ukrules

Hi,

I'm not in Bangkok at the moment, but am planning on spending some time there from about July onwards on and off.

Basicly an apartment is available for 25,000 bhat per month plus utilities. It's 2 bedroom, 2 bathroom, living room, dining room and kitchen over 2 floors.

It's located about 1 block back from Sukhumvit Road and is right opposite Soi Cowboy near the Asok skytain stop.

My mate says there's an elevator and pool in the building. He's looked at it but as I'm back in England I havent seen it yet, we are going to split the rent on it.

Any comments ? I wanted some opinions on the price / location. Is it the right price for this location ?

Thanks

Neil

Hot-line! 02 651 0742

Dear all,

Why don't you let agents deal for you? Parker Bridge, Thai real estate company with international agents can definitely help you out with all the difficulties you have in renting, buying or selling or even listing your property for free in our website www.parkerbridgeproperty.com

Please feel free to contact us for any enquiry as the goal "thinking outside the box" is the mission we're striving for. All the best property living are also listed in our website www.parkerbridgeproperty.com

can you please tell me what percentage you charge, as one who has the ability to think outside the box, i was wondering how much i would save in percentage terms if i deal directly with the client, as oppossed to using an agent.

i feel sure there are many others out there who also have the ability to think outside the box, anyone with a basic understanding of thai, or with a thai partner to translate for them, will get a much better deal by looking around the area they intend living in.

my mission statement, is not to be ripped off, can you advise of any properties you may have for rent, that i will get cheaper by using you as an agency.

i am sure you are well aware of unscrupulous agencies thriving by preying on unsuspecting gullable new arrivals, i would be disappointed to hear of your agency being one of them.

Forget using an agency ukrules as far too many of them are, as you say, 'unscrupulous agencies thriving by preying on unsuspecting gullable new arrivals'. It's easy enough to take care of yourself, although, having a Thai speaking friend as a 'go between' can be helpful. The apartment you described sounds OK to me for the price, as that area is one of the more expensive areas of Bangkok. Take a look at it when you get here, and have a look at 2 or 3 more so you can compare what you are getting for your money. I found my current apartment on http://www.mrroomfinder.com/ maybe you'll be able to compare some prices on here to get some idea.

I live in that general area....

You didn't mention the size of the apartment...in square meters....

But...assuming it's a normal 2/2 size apartment, 25K in general would be a decent price for the area... You might pay less by taking time to look once here... You certainly could pay a lot more...in the general area...

It's hard to know..from your description... just where the building is at... There is a lot of night and street activity around Soi Cowboy... And, there are some major construction projects well underway at the Cowboy corner of Asoke and Sukhumvit Roads...

So..depending on your exact location, it might not be so quiet... because of the bars... construction, and the general heavy traffic around Asoke/Sukhumvit... But... maybe you don't want quiet...or..maybe it's up high enough to not matter... Can't tell from the details of your post...

Always check about the price for electric... some charge 3 baht per unit.. On the high end, some charge 6 baht per unit... Water is far less of a cost...

From a transportation point of view, you're right at the intersection of the BTS Sukhumvit line and the MRT Subway line... can't do any better.

Also check about what kind of deposit they are asking... Many times... people have trouble recovering their deposits here... Make sure you have clear terms on this...with your landlord.

I live in that general area....

You didn't mention the size of the apartment...in square meters....

But...assuming it's a normal 2/2 size apartment, 25K in general would be a decent price for the area... You might pay less by taking time to look once here... You certainly could pay a lot more...in the general area...

It's hard to know..from your description... just where the building is at... There is a lot of night and street activity around Soi Cowboy... And, there are some major construction projects well underway at the Cowboy corner of Asoke and Sukhumvit Roads...

So..depending on your exact location, it might not be so quiet... because of the bars... construction, and the general heavy traffic around Asoke/Sukhumvit... But... maybe you don't want quiet...or..maybe it's up high enough to not matter... Can't tell from the details of your post...

Always check about the price for electric... some charge 3 baht per unit.. On the high end, some charge 6 baht per unit... Water is far less of a cost...

From a transportation point of view, you're right at the intersection of the BTS Sukhumvit line and the MRT Subway line... can't do any better.

Also check about what kind of deposit they are asking... Many times... people have trouble recovering their deposits here... Make sure you have clear terms on this...with your landlord.

Red highlights. Condos can vary dramatically in quality so why didn't your mate at least take some cell phone pics? Very good price if its any good