Non-b Wp

I am currently on Multi entry tourist visa and i found a company willing to hire me.

As i understand i will have to go outside Thailand with the documentation provided from the company for apply to a NON-B visa in order to obtain later a Work Permit.

Is not clear to me the difference form single and mutli entry.

I was told that to obtain the WP could require a pretty long time, can this visa be extended? how long i will be allowed to stay in the kingdom?

I will have to travel to europe probably before i will be given the WP, can i do this only with a multi entry without to burn my visa?

I was planning to apply for the NON-B visa in Singapore is it a good idea or should i go in KL or Ventiane?

I am sure this is the place to get the best info thx in advance :o

Without a work permit do not believe there is any chance of obtaining a multi entry visa in the area. In most places you will probably also have to have the receipt for work permit application as well as company paperwork to just get a single entry valid for a 90 day stay. From current reports Vientiane is a good choice and may not require the work permit receipt. The work permit should not take more than a few days (unless your chain is being pulled - don't work without it). You will probably have to exit country and try for a multi entry visa if company has not advised you that one year extensions are available to you. You might have a better chance in Europe for a multi entry visa if you have company paperwork to present but am no expert on that.

So if i understand the company should apply for my work permit and give me the recive before i will exit from the kingdom to go for a NON-B visa run.

Even with this i will get a visa valid for only 3 months if i will not fly europe to apply.

You will probably have to exit country and try for a multi entry visa if company has not advised you that one year extensions are available to you.

Is that the NON-B? What about the 1 year extensions option?

Thx again

I just recently got back from getting a Non-B in Vientiane without a Work Permit. This is the second Non-B I have recieved without a WP, the first being in the U.S. This most recent time all I needed were:

- the application (of course)

- the usual copies of my passport and recent stamps

- 2 pictures

- a copy of a background check from my home country

- a copy of the signed contract with the company (agency) I work for along with an offical letter from the company of intent to hire

All of this was prepared for me by my agency and I went with a group of people who I work with. Vientiane was a very easy place to get through. It was very crowded with long lines and once you got to the front the officers took your items, checked over to make sure they were sufficent, and didn't look at you twice. You then waited in another line to pay and waited until 1:00 pm the next day to pick it up. Overall there was no hassal beyond the lines which weren't too much of a problem. Most people were there attempting to get other forms of visas and I didn't see anyone have any problems beyond one person who wanted to pick up their visa earlier than the posted time. It had the feeling of a factory churning out visas for money which is probably a good thing. Overall it was a positive and easy experience (as far as getting visas is concerned). Above my visa they placed a little stamp advising me to get a work permit before it is checked again by anyone official (I assume this means before I start working).

I just recently got back from getting a Non-B in Vientiane without a Work Permit. This is the second Non-B I have recieved without a WP, the first being in the U.S. This most recent time all I needed were:

- 2 pictures

- a copy of the signed contract with the company (agency) I work for along with an offical letter from the company of intent to hire

All of this was prepared for me by my agency and I went with a group of people who I work with. Vientiane was a very easy place to get through. It was very crowded with long lines and once you got to the front the officers took your items, checked over to make sure they were sufficent, and didn't look at you twice. You then waited in another line to pay and waited until 1:00 pm the next day to pick it up. Overall there was no hassal beyond the lines which weren't too much of a problem. Most people were there attempting to get other forms of visas and I didn't see anyone have any problems beyond one person who wanted to pick up their visa earlier than the posted time. It had the feeling of a factory churning out visas for money which is probably a good thing. Overall it was a positive and easy experience (as far as getting visas is concerned). Above my visa they placed a little stamp advising me to get a work permit before it is checked again by anyone official (I assume this means before I start working).

Did you get a single entry or a multiple?

A copy of a background check from your home country? Is this required?

Thx a lot everybody

- 2 pictures

Thx a lot everybody

I only got a single entry and I don't know if it works for multiple entry.

As for the background check that seems pretty mandatory. This might be because I am a teacher and they are really checking to make sure pedophiles don't slip by in this profession. I have not known any other teachers to get a Non-B without the background check. On the positive side it seems they will accept just about any sort of background check. I am from the United States and only recieved a check from my state. I could have committed all sorts of horrible crimes in every single other state and it would not show up on the background check. Either they don't realize this or they don't care. I am pretty sure you can get fingerprinted in Bangkok and they will send your prints to your home country to be mailed back to you. Maybe someone else has more information on this.

• 5 months later...

They will only give single entry.

Only if you are a teacher.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

If I've already been teaching in Thailand for 3 years and now need a new non-imm B for my new teaching job, will I need to produce a background check when I apply for the visa in Vientiane?