Gym In Thong Lo / Phra Khanong / Ekkamai / P.pong

TenDreams

recommendations required for gyms in the above areas in that order of preference, would be hugely appreciated!

looking for something small, and preferably pay as u go rather than membership based.

Also looking for a Muay Thai gym. Anybody know if the one on Sukhumvit 49 is any good?

Thanks

There is a gym that is hardly ever used as all the guys just go there to use the steam room and the dark rooms at a Gay Sauna at Phrakanong Soi 42. Entrance fee including lockers and towels is only 90 baht ! :o

There is a gym that is hardly ever used as all the guys just go there to use the steam room and the dark rooms at a Gay Sauna at Phrakanong Soi 42. Entrance fee including lockers and towels is only 90 baht ! :o

That could be just the piece of info that might save me 31K! (1 year membership for ChiroGym on Thong Lo)

Thanks heaps! I will check it out.

Soi Klang Racquet Club on Sukhumvit Soi 49 is excellent value. They have two lap pools, a decent weight room, tennis courts, badminton courts, racquet ball courts, etc, etc, and are just about to open a rock climbing area. The yearly fee is 15 thousand, but it has to be paid in full.

I find it to be a comfortable place to work out, and comparatively speaking, a good price.

Soi Klang Racquet Club on Sukhumvit Soi 49 is excellent value. They have two lap pools, a decent weight room, tennis courts, badminton courts, racquet ball courts, etc, etc, and are just about to open a rock climbing area. The yearly fee is 15 thousand, but it has to be paid in full.

I find it to be a comfortable place to work out, and comparatively speaking, a good price.

Thanks for the tip,I will take a look there also.

The Muay Thai gym I referred to in earlier is called Taniguchi Gym and also has a branch called Sakura gym on Soi 33. It seems they only do 'real' Muay Thai training at these gyms on the weekend though with aerobic boxing during the week. I have a bit more info on them if anyone is interested. Will post after I have tried it out.

The Muay Thai gym I referred to in earlier is called Taniguchi Gym and also has a branch called Sakura gym on Soi 33. It seems they only do 'real' Muay Thai training at these gyms on the weekend though with aerobic boxing during the week. I have a bit more info on them if anyone is interested. Will post after I have tried it out.

Please supply details!

Please supply details!

Taniguchi Gym -

Tues, Wed, Fri 9.30-11.00 Aerobic Muay Thai

Sat, Sun 9.00-10.30 and 10.30-12.00 Muay Thai

Aerobic Muay Thai 200B / Muay Thai 300B for adults, 200B for kids.

Suk. Soi 49/6

Sakura Gym

Wed 5-6.30 , Fri 6-7.30 Sat 1.00-2.30

2000B a month, 5500 for 3 months, 500B one time membership fee, 1500B for equipment, shorts, t shirts, glove, ankle guards) 350/time (whatever that means)

suk soi 33/1 opposite blockbuster video 4th floor

Couldn't find it, does it exist or was that just a ploy to get a laugh at the expense of a straight farang wondering round bangkok looking for a gay sauna? LOL

Do you have a name or directions? I found the Bangkok Sports Club on 42, but no gym there.

• 6 months later...

Couldn't find it, does it exist or was that just a ploy to get a laugh at the expense of a straight farang wondering round bangkok looking for a gay sauna? LOL

Do you have a name or directions? I found the Bangkok Sports Club on 42, but no gym there.

Did you ever find this gym?

Is there any action at the sauna / steam room in the Raquet Club?

I am not sure why all the hate for California Wow. It has decent facilites and equipment. However, in this case, and have to agree with the OP's caveat. I went to the new Ekkamai branch to try it out while on my way to the airport. It was small, had mimimal equipment, and didn't even have towel service.