'home Made' Biodiesel

There is a big thing going on in the uk right now with home mixed biodiesel, mainly because of the prices at the pumps there now, so I was wondering about doing it here. Are any of you running your trucks/cars on home brew? Which oil are you using and what mixture percentage?

Cheers........

There is a big thing going on in the uk right now with home mixed biodiesel, mainly because of the prices at the pumps there now, so I was wondering about doing it here. Are any of you running your trucks/cars on home brew? Which oil are you using and what mixture percentage?

Cheers........

Hey Petesear,

There's a guy on Phuket making this already out of used cooking oil. The machine he made for processing it is rather simple. The only two ingredients are cooking oil (strained) and wood alcohol. Most of the wood alcohol is recovered after the fuel is made... to be re-used again.

Where do you live? The guy is putting on a free seminar from June 9th to the 12th in Phuket. PM me if you're in Phuket then and want to attend.

For those of us who are not in the Phuket area, please try to pick up any "literature" or drawings which he might have concerning his production processes.

There are a lot of Pattaya people who would be interested in learning how to do it as well.

Thanks