Teaching In Thailand

I am a native English speaker who taught many moons ago for a year at a private school in Bangkok with a ''lesser'' visa. I am now married with visa 'O' status. I have attained, since then, a BCS ITQ, ECDL, TEFL certificate and about to be concluded open university BA degree. Hope to be in possession of the degree end of 2008. With this in mind, I would like to know the plausibility to (as an ''inexperienced'' teacher) gain a teaching salary of 32,000-35,000 in a Thai private school or government school? Location can be broad, but hours ''fixed'' for Full-Time teaching.

I am prepared to relocate the family, within reason, to a familiar Thai province other than Pattaya. Having read all the complexities of choosing a Thai teaching (career) path, I wish to know of the ''right'' path to take, rather than the ''lesser'' path to take:

[1] I am not sure if degree (four years ''not'' studied, e.g. HND credit transfer) and TEFL papers are credible for a teaching school and worthy to attain a teaching permit? I imagine up to the school. I am sure, however, that some establishments will ''officially'' put the new teacher on a working probation period or at the very worst, make a promise that cannot be kept. So, can anyone shed light on the cause and effect of pursuing legal working ''visa'' status if there appears to be a whole host of troubles that lurk in the shadows? I am more interested in staying on in Thailand to be with my wife and child, which has to be doable?

[2] I am not resided to teaching in Thailand alone, and would consider a teachers post in Taiwan or Korea given more knowledgable thoughts and comments? I am aware that Dave's ESL cafe provide clues, but wondered what board members have to say about its neighbouring countries? I am currently watching the cable show about teaching in Taiwan, which is a right turn-off; bunk beds and communal quarters and so forth. Thailand, however, appears the amiable alternative. Perhaps there are facts I do not know of. I am 34 years of age and was once an itinerant backpacker. Now willing to teach English at Kindergarten, priavte school, government school, whichever pays well, which has to be matter of fact, I have presumed?

Edited by PeaceBlondie
Edited for legibility: standard font, color, size, etc. PeaceBlondie