Haven't Recieved My Package From Usa

MacauThai

a small box sent first class mail from the usa to bangkok. they said around 2 weeks. Its been more than a month. using usps first class mail, what is the longest you have had to wait for it to show up? at what point would you give up on it arriving?

Well every package that i have sent from the U.S. is mailed via global priority so I can track it. I sent a package to a friend regular mail from Thailand and it took almost 2 months to arrive. The problem with sending anything first class mail is that it is virtually impossible to track . It could very well be held up in customs so do not sweat it just yet. Give it another week or two.

It is normally about three weeks but I've just had a package arrive from the US which took over two months. I was on the verge of giving up on it.

There seems to be a slowdown at present. No idea why.

Hello,

I work as a contractor for the US Military Postal Mission and by extension, the United States Postal Service here in Iraq. As Mizzi said, you could be in for a wait. Personally, I've sent a few packages home. One time, I posted two packages on the same day, to the same address in Thailand. One package arrived within 3 weeks, the other package arrived 6 months later. Both were intact. Once the package leaves the US, it cannot be tracked. The same rule of thumb for mailing parcels to Thailand should be used for mail as it is for investing. Never send, what you can't afford to lose. There is no USPS oversight or regulation of mail in Thailand. Good luck!

Chris

It is normally about three weeks but I've just had a package arrive from the US which took over two months. I was on the verge of giving up on it.

There seems to be a slowdown at present. No idea why.

Occasionally snail mail from the U.S. does get slipped into a surface bag, has happened to me.  Then if it happens to be checked by Thai Postal Customs, down not to far from Hua Lamphong train station, there'll be an additional delay before either the package or a notice to pay and collect, shows up at your home or POBox.

In addition, I've had my mail diverted from coming directly to the Thanyaburi post office, zip 12110, because it's been barcoded, scanned, and shipped to Albany County, NY, which has the same zip code.  Then it's gotta wait for an actual humann to look at it, note that Albany ain't Thailand, mark out the barcode, and remail the mail.

Mac

The last box I sent via Global priority, took 5 days to reach bangkok, then another 87days to clear customs. It was a voltage converter. In the past, I have received boxes in as little as 9 days. You just never know. Roll the dice and take your chances. Good luck! :o

a small box sent first class mail from the usa to bangkok. they said around 2 weeks. Its been more than a month. using usps first class mail, what is the longest you have had to wait for it to show up? at what point would you give up on it arriving?

I would expect USPS and UK Royal Mail to be similar. I've sent many parcels to Thailand from UK, always via airmail. They have taken anywhere from just under a week to just over three weeks to arrive. However, they have always gotten there. I have yet to have a parcel disappear (knock wood). Suggest a bit more patience. Give it another week or two. GL.

I always receive my mail/packages within a week after they are sent (with carriers of course) from Europe.

Same goes for the other way.

I know USA is a bit longer distance, but weeks and weeks, and up to months? Do the mail end up in some sort of "security bottleneck"?

Surely the pony express is not around anymore, right?

:o

I was sent an ordinary letter via regular air mail on April 19th from Los Angeles. Yet to arrive....

Not sure if this makes a lot of difference, but on June 12th I sent a USPS priority mail envelope to our daughter in Lopburi Thailand. Today is June 16th and she said she has received it. I always insure the parcel for far more then what it is worth and never seem to have a problem. I just checked the tracking number on the internet and it states that the item arrived in Thailand at 5:20 AM on June 15, 2008. :o

I was having a monthly collection of forwarded snail mail sent from Texas to BKK by U.S.P.S. flat rate envelope, which is not trackable... All documents... no goods/merchandise...

Normally...it was taking about 10 calendar days to arrive here... Then last Christmas, my December package went missing... and I gave hel_l to my mail shipping company.... assumed I had lost all those documents, and switched to using trackable DHL or Fed-Ex....

Two months after its original mailing date, the UPSP envelope finally arrived at my home in BKK....unopened and with no indication of why it had been delayed or where it had been for all that time... That was my last time shipping from USA with USPS....

USPS is the worst - I once used their "overnight" service to send my passport to Los Angeles for a 90-day visa. I sent it from Sacramento - 800 miles away> I wait four days - no passport. I've got two days before my flight. Made the decision to rush to the US Embassy in San Francisco and had to apply for a new passport.The whole ordeal cost me over $250. I get back to Sacramento, and as I was packing my bags, the doorbell rang. Guess what? Yep. the USPS with my passport and visa which were now not valid as I had been issued a new one. Never use USPS!

Best to wait a bit, usps is awfully inconsistant, ive sent parcels from thailand to the states and its taken 4 weeks ,to the uk its 7-10 working days, im sure wells fargo is alive and working in the US ,seems once the plane lands they load it on the stagecoach ! :o

Best to wait a bit, usps is awfully inconsistant, ive sent parcels from thailand to the states and its taken 4 weeks ,to the uk its 7-10 working days, im sure wells fargo is alive and working in the US ,seems once the plane lands they load it on the stagecoach ! :o

Could be totally wrong here but I have never had problems using USPS to Thailand. Maybe it's because I always buy heavy insurance. :D

I've had many things sent from the USA, Japan, England, even Israel, with no problems at all.

Hang in there, customs is probably checking it out. :o

USPS is the worst - I once used their "overnight" service to send my passport to Los Angeles for a 90-day visa. I sent it from Sacramento - 800 miles away> I wait four days - no passport. I've got two days before my flight. Made the decision to rush to the US Embassy in San Francisco and had to apply for a new passport.The whole ordeal cost me over $250. I get back to Sacramento, and as I was packing my bags, the doorbell rang. Guess what? Yep. the USPS with my passport and visa which were now not valid as I had been issued a new one. Never use USPS!

Similar situation happened to me. I sent my passport via priority mail to Thai consulate. They got it in 2 days. I had them mail it via priority mail it to NYC where I was going to be and would be returning to LOS. After a week and no passport, I started sweating. I began considering getting a new passport as I was leaving within 2 weeks. But miraculously, it arrived 11 days later. I learned a little more about "priority" mail which rarely used that there is no guarantee of of fast delivery. Never again for anything I can't afford to lose.